Sexy "Weapons"?

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
I am in error, as it appears that some enemies can actually crit. Anyway, here's what Fortification does not do, i.e. affect crit chance (from SourceTiTS/classes/Engine/Combat/calculateDamage.as):

Quote said:
if(attacker.critBonus(true) >= rand(100) + 1 && (attacker is PlayerCharacter || attacker.hasPerk("Can Crit"))) 
The only enemies who have the aforementioned perk seem to be the myr deserters. The above line is also only in reference to melee attacks, it seems NPC ranged attacks can't crit no matter what. It should also be noted that vanae have their own crit-like thing coded as part of their combat actions.

As to what Fortification does do (from SourceTiTS/classes/Creature.as, lines 2342-2350):

Quote said:
public function HPMax(): Numbervar bonus:int = 0; bonus = fortification(); var hitPoints: Number = 15 + (level - 1) * 15 + HPMod + bonus; if (characterClass == GLOBAL.CLASS_MERCENARY) hitPoints += level * 5; if (characterClass == GLOBAL.CLASS_ENGINEER) hitPoints -= level * 5; return hitPoints; }
If Fortification does anything else, I've completely missed it, both in code and in-game (which is definitely possible). 

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for pointing that out. I updated the wiki to reflect its function more accurately.

I think the info I put in there initially was placeholder text, then I changed it to something one of the devs had said the stat was "supposed to be" while I was updating, but I never got around to fact-checking it in the code, so it stayed that way for a while. It seems, unless I've overlooked something, that fortification only expands the health bar, but not much else at this point.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Some sort of thermal blaster that just gives a "warming sensation" would be a pretty fun weapon, especially since it would mean you are running around repeatedly shooting people in the crotch wherever you go.