What is Minerva?

bigjrodsw

Oct 4, 2015
I constantly see people talking about Minerva, and from what I can gather its some kind of save editor. Is it possible to use it on Android to edit your saves? And if so, how?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
".minerva is a Flash Local Shared Object editor built based on the AMF3 specification and the AMF0 specification. .minerva is capable of reading and writing all known data types successfully. Tested against modern browsers and was built using Chrome 38 and Firefox 32."
   -From official site
Basically, it can be used to edit save files from flash games. Offline version requires Adobe Air to be installed and is really outdated, but it doesn't crash as much. Online version goes through your browser, but the recent updates don't like TiTS.

As for android, pick your poison and try it. Online will probably open. If you can install Adobe Air, then maybe offline too.

Penter

Oct 11, 2015
Basically, it can be used to edit save files from flash games. Offline version requires Adobe Air to be installed and is really outdated, but it doesn't crash as much. Online version goes through your browser, but the recent updates don't like TiTS.

As for android, pick your poison and try it. Online will probably open. If you can install Adobe Air, then maybe offline too.

so it does not work anymore?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Not used it but I'd assume just as anything reliant on a tiered structure the offline version could easily fuck with a save as well. A backup is par for the course. Like I said, just don't go changing things willy-nilly, know what you want changed before you go doing brain surgery.

hack-wizard

Nov 19, 2015
Stupid noob question: is there an actual howto for this thing pertaining to CoC and TiTS?

Not talking about a youtube video either, gimme hard text!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You can use the wiki articles for starters (TiTS and CoC). I prefer CoCEd for CoC, so I hope someone finds a way to do something similar for TiTS (sorry, backers!).

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Go to .minerva, open file, expand Characters, expand PC, find what you want to change. If changing the type of a body part, consult body part appearance to determine what you want and use the appropriate global values. When changing type, however, usually you'll need to add/change/remove flags. This will require a bit of research some times, either by using the appearance page, a TF page, or using another save file where you TF the part and look at it in .minerva.

hack-wizard

Nov 19, 2015
You can use the wiki articles for starters (TiTS and CoC). I prefer CoCEd for CoC, so I hope someone finds a way to do something similar for TiTS (sorry, backers!).

Go to .minerva, open file, expand Characters, expand PC, find what you want to change. If changing the type of a body part, consult body part appearance to determine what you want and use the appropriate global values. When changing type, however, usually you'll need to add/change/remove flags. This will require a bit of research some times, either by using the appearance page, a TF page, or using another save file where you TF the part and look at it in .minerva.

Thanks peeps. :)

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
No probs. Just remember to backup your save and be careful. Personally, I'd advice you not to edit a lot of things in one sitting, especially if you are dipping your toes on Minerva for the first time.

hack-wizard

Nov 19, 2015
No probs. Just remember to backup your save and be careful. Personally, I'd advice you not to edit a lot of things in one sitting, especially if you are dipping your toes on Minerva for the first time.

Point taken, and I'm already doing incremental backups ... which is good because I already corrupted the save once. :p