Mpregnating Cale?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The monk is a full female albino otter, and she's incapable of changing jobs. Instead of jobs she has stances that slightly modify her combat role and combo capabilities. Those familiar with my time in TiTS will recognize a few concepts as she's an evolution of what I did for Haruka back then. Her name is Mayflower, expect to see her as a starting companion. She's not mandatory, but very easily found.

ERMERGERD! OTTER!

PS: What's SL from earlier post? 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The Gol will likely show up again, just not in Eden. Wait till the portals get fixed and we write a bunch of worlds for you to visit.
Ohh so this will make Gol species not native to Eden? As we do already meet they husks in forest so I thought we would be able meet some alive...hmmm Gol drones there too someday.

The mage is the one whose normal attacks are actually magical blasts. She's a nekomata (twin-tailed cat-morph), with tsundere tendencies. She'll be a mandatory companion and feature as a maze dungeon tutorial. She's been pretty much totally planned and has had a couple drafts written, but that's all going to change when we get back to her.
If she not gonna put to shame Mare from equine encounter in body shape and have fiercy red hair I will be totaly uterly not satisfied (cuz only nekomanta-girls I like more than normal neko-girls :p so I will be watching you two about how this npc turn out in final version)

The tank is a Hyena: Zina, cocksucker extraordinaire. Though her concept also suffered an evolution beyond being merely a pro cocksucker. Layla is tanky right now because of her high initial status, but Zina is literally built to take hits, and that will be reflected on her skill pool. Also expect to see many bad puns about her "taking it like a champ".

So Zina becomed tank in the end...hmmm probably again bothering you LD but does that arachne girl got scrapped or just stuck in deeper limbo that those npc concepts you meantioned now currently? Theryn or smth I think was her name (and well her first appearance version was kinda cool but well 2nd one also wasn't so bad).

Last edited by a moderator:

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
Ohh Ophelia and Roa are going to be combat follower? Damn now I want to get them even more, I love those bunnies! :)

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Interesting. This would be the first mandatory companion that would be introduced into the game- something that doesn't even apply for Kia/Kai. Curious as to what kind of her role she will play in the overall plot.

Kia/Kai is mandatory, just not at first. When you enter act 2 he/she will be forced into your followers by circumstances beyond your control.

LD is right about playing husbando/waifu collector simulator. You need Cveta in your party not just to be able to access Ventax for the first time, but also the Temple Grounds and Machinarium on that plane.

If she not gonna put to shame Mare from equine encounter in body shape and have fiercy red hair I will be totaly uterly not satisfied (cuz only nekomanta-girls I like more than normal neko-girls :p so I will be watching you two about how this npc turn out in final version)
Actually, from what I've heard from LD and QB? The exact opposite is true.

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
Kia/Kai is mandatory, just not at first. When you enter act 2 he/she will be forced into your followers by circumstances beyond your control.

LD is right about playing husbando/waifu collector simulator. You need Cveta in your party not just to be able to access Ventax for the first time, but also the Temple Grounds and Machinarium on that plane.

Mandatory? In what way? You mean that you HAVE to have Kia in your active party full time from act 2 onwards? Or only that you have to recruit her but can put her on reserve? I hope its the latter. :)

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Mandatory? In what way? You mean that you HAVE to have Kia in your active party full time from act 2 onwards? Or only that you have to recruit her but can put her on reserve? I hope its the latter. :)
The latter.

You need Kai/Kia to do the Temple of Aria arc, which is part of the main quest.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

Hum a loli tsundere brat then sghe can be? o_O Oh well still long time till that thing will find way into game so who knows what changes or not will be made to her.

LukaDoc

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Hum a loli tsundere brat then sghe can be? o_O Oh well still long time till that thing will find way into game so who knows what changes or not will be made to her.

She's not the firebrand redhead you want, I can assure you that. She's not loli, she's petite.

To elaborate on the arachne, from my perspective she's getting shelved. If you really want something to be done with her you'll have to pester QB about it, but from my perspective she wasn't exactly good at filling any particular niche that other characters don't already do better. And I'm biased because I don't really like spiders, and very openly dislike taurs of any kind.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
With the mention of that otter, I'm thinking about CoC all over again with Callu. The Nekomata may end up being a staple in my party if possible. The followers all sound interesting and I'm looking forward to them.

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
Why wouldn't you want to have Kia/Kai in your active roster though? Having a healer in a party is extremely useful (if not outright necessary), and Kia/Kai is the only healer character out there save fo the PC, who is much more useful spec'ing into physical stats due to the sheer amount of damage it brings. Of course, this might change with the new recruitable mage though, depending on whether healer is unlocked or not.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Why wouldn't you want to have Kia/Kai in your active roster though? Having a healer in a party is extremely useful (if not outright necessary), and Kia/Kai is the only healer character out there save fo the PC, who is much more useful spec'ing into physical stats due to the sheer amount of damage it brings. Of course, this might change with the new recruitable mage though, depending on whether healer is unlocked or not.

For healing...only thing that makes Kiai unique is healing option from interaction menu that not using any sp from Kiai and still heal fully MC. Other 3 or 4 heal spells we can use due to jobs costs sp and not always heal fully. Plus looking over current party members all of them can learn Healer job so also no trouble of one/all of them have some basic heal skills learn from mastering this job. So...yeah Kiai if it keep trend will be less and less "dast healer" that party need or will die without. Ofc others healers will be not as good as using heal, which wouldn't give as much as Kiai one but would it matter later? Maybe in some endgame boss fights where each hp more healed would matter.

@LD: Ok whatever.

And about arachne npc. Seems going over such a radical changes of the appearance seemly killed her whole concept somewhere inbetween and turns into too generic npc that only cool thing would have been spider-like body. Maybe if other writer(s) try revive her concept but not seen any other that is active in FoE section to have enough spare time to add this one npc to they backlog.

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015

Because I might have my main character go the Int route instead, and I am not huge fan of Kia otherwise because she seems rather bland character. What I am thinking about currently is main character going Int route with Scholar/Mage/something. Then have Terry fighter/rogue to do the physical damage, and then Cveta doing support and Layla with the chimera job (once its added) doing backing up everyone as that job is kind of like a mix of everything. Although once even more followers are added that will likely change (like I really want to use the bunnies because I love them, but no idea yet what they will be focused on as followers so can't really make group compositions for them yet), but overall, Kia is the most boring character to me so the first one to get replaced. :)

Ormael, I am pretty sure the Healer job gives you the exact same Heal spell that Kia has from Acolyte, though you need to go all the way to lvl 8 healer to master it unlike acolyte which masters it at lvl 2 already iirc.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
Because I might have my main character go the Int route instead, and I am not huge fan of Kia otherwise because she seems rather bland character. What I am thinking about currently is main character going Int route with Scholar/Mage/something. Then have Terry fighter/rogue to do the physical damage, and then Cveta doing support and Layla with the chimera job (once its added) doing backing up everyone as that job is kind of like a mix of everything. Although once even more followers are added that will likely change (like I really want to use the bunnies because I love them, but no idea yet what they will be focused on as followers so can't really make group compositions for them yet), but overall, Kia is the most boring character to me so the first one to get replaced. :)

Is the fact you find Kia/Kai boring becaise of the fact she/he is a naïve follower of Aria and seems to be too innocent in certain ways?

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
Is the fact you find Kia/Kai boring becaise of the fact she/he is a naïve follower of Aria and seems to be too innocent in certain ways?

That might be it, she just doesn't really seem to have too much of a personality, but just agrees to everything without complaints, unlike say Terry who has lot of really nice conversations where he has an opinion on things and even protests against the main characters course of action.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Although once even more followers are added that will likely change (like I really want to use the bunnies because I love them, but no idea yet what they will be focused on as followers so can't really make group compositions for them yet), but overall, Kia is the most boring character to me so the first one to get replaced. :)

Kiai IS and will be always a first party member we could have in FoE. Since then other than Alder people comed and wrote they followers that turns out been somehow more interesting that our elves companion. Due to that I think many people will still feel some sentiment toward this npc even if we got so many followers to replace him/her as soon as 1st extra pasrty member show up in our merry group of worlds savers.

So easy to say it's boring npc that would probably replaced. So what if I think of current followers I would keep only one with two others replacing cuz...reasons. Would be always liking times when they were only ones npc I could have in team that beat such enemies like Lagon or Drake.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
That might be it, she just doesn't really seem to have too much of a personality, but just agrees to everything without complaints, unlike say Terry who has lot of really nice conversations where he has an opinion on things and even protests against the main characters course of action.

One of the things on our to-do list is adding more personality to Kiai.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015

I'm kinda waiting for Act 2 since there will most likely be more character development for her when the Temple of Aria becomes available. There's also the fact that she has an issue when it comes to sex. Actually, issue is a too strong a word use, more like she's too much an devout follower of Aria when it comes to those things.

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
I'm kinda waiting for Act 2 since there will most likely be more character development for her when the Temple of Aria becomes available. There's also the fact that she has an issue when it comes to sex. Actually, issue is a too strong a word use, more like she's too much an devout follower of Aria when it comes to those things.

According to what Kia tells you once you get her to open up about the sex stuff is that the issue she has with sex is more to do with her being afraid of getting pregnant (which is apparently very painful and dangerous process for the elves) and less to do with the Aria rules.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
According to what Kia tells you once you get her to open up about the sex stuff is that the issue she has with sex is more to do with her being afraid of getting pregnant (which is apparently very painful and dangerous process for the elves) and less to do with the Aria rules.

I think she also said something about if she did end up pregnant, she'd have to leave you since she feels like the child need to be raised with the elf community.

Threads

Nov 3, 2015
So nobody knows how to do anything on the forums either. Great.

I won't quote people to make this post shorter. But here's some more info.

I already suspected that they'd all be feminine, but reading it is still disappointing. Maybe I should actually attempt to submit content....Adler let me down gently please.

I'm not liking how this is sounding. Do I really have to whore myself to romance everyone? Do my genitals really need to be the thing that keeps the marry band of misfits together?

Also, this is slowly drifting away. I don't know how to feel about it.

Threads

Nov 3, 2015
You do realize that recruiting is not the same as fucking right?

I was sort of joking about the whole "playing husbando/waifu collection simulator" thing. Or am not spouse to fuck my husbandos and waifus?

Though realistically Layla needs to be sexed if you want to use her. But that's still different from recruitment so eh.

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
For healing...only thing that makes Kiai unique is healing option from interaction menu that not using any sp from Kiai and still heal fully MC. Other 3 or 4 heal spells we can use due to jobs costs sp and not always heal fully. Plus looking over current party members all of them can learn Healer job so also no trouble of one/all of them have some basic heal skills learn from mastering this job. So...yeah Kiai if it keep trend will be less and less "dast healer" that party need or will die without. Ofc others healers will be not as good as using heal, which wouldn't give as much as Kiai one but would it matter later? Maybe in some endgame boss fights where each hp more healed would matter.

Ehh, I suppose. We'll have to see, but I doubt simply spamming heals from other members will work very well later into the game due to their lack of int ranks. I mean sure, SP is aplenty so outhealing the enemy is a very possible option for now, but that scaling has to become an issue sooner or later. Not to mention that I'd consider their venture into Healer levels to be an inefficient use of xp in the first place (assuming there will be enough jobs for us not to go around just maxing everything).

As for Kia/Kai, I think the issue is that their contents are kind of frontloaded- from the intro to conversation topics, the little scene from Rigard and etc. Add to the fact that a lot of it is "background" information and you have people skipping through it pretty fast and forget half of it, making it worse. Looking at it as a whole, I personally find Kia/Kai to be rather interesting, and am excited to see future developments for them.

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
I was sort of joking about the whole "playing husbando/waifu collection simulator" thing. Or am not spouse to fuck my husbandos and waifus?

Though realistically Layla needs to be sexed if you want to use her. But that's still different from recruitment so eh.

Well technically you don't -have- to sex Layla, you could just use the mother tree's healing option to reset the lust points every now and then. But yeah that will likely be somewhat impractical later on when your travelling to other planes and stuff, although if you have Cveta in your party by then she can use her Soothe ability to remove Layla's lust points also.

Threads

Nov 3, 2015
Kiai is not the only healer you'll ever have...

To be honest anyone with access to the healer tree could be one. The acolyte buffs and AoE SP drain is the only things that make him unique. So really he's just a melee support.  

Well technically you don't -have- to sex Layla, you could just use the mother tree's healing option to reset the lust points every now and then. But yeah that will likely be somewhat impractical later on when your travelling to other planes and stuff, although if you have Cveta in your party by then she can use her Soothe ability to remove Layla's lust points also.

Soothe will only be useful for this purpose if it's accessible outside combat. Else using Layla requires that you have Cveta in your party and that she wastes her first turn on removing out of combat lust. I honestly forgot about mother tree though.

And I have helped derail this thread for long enough. We should probably go back to how great having puppies would be.

CommodoreBiggles

Aug 28, 2015
Alright then here's a question, if Cale does end up having your pups, who's going to be responsible for breastfeeding if they don't immediately get sent to the Gemstead nursery hmmm?

LukaDoc

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Precisely why I wouldn't allow you to progress to that stage with him until Act 2.

Threads

Nov 3, 2015
I don't see why baby formula can't be an option when we have alchemy that can altering the very structures of a body.