Stupid question about becoming a backer, because I'm stupid.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
Is the $15 USD price tag a recurring thing or is it a one time deal?

My boner refuses to wait for content.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
A recurring thing that you can turn off to make it a one time thing. But why would you do that? :#

This is if we're talking about Patreon

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
A recurring thing that you can turn off to make it a one time thing. But why would you do that? :#

Hidden Content

Mostly because I'm supposed to be saving my money.

I mean, I'd hate to be one of those people who just cut and run after the first payment and still get content but I also like having money so I can pay my way through boner killing college.

It's a very boner conflicting dilemma. 

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
It hasn't been gotten around to adding back to the blog site but if you donate directly to Fenoxo using Dwolla (US$ only) or bitcoin a minimum of $15US you can have backer access.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
It hasn't been gotten around to adding back to the blog site but if you donate directly to Fenoxo using Dwolla (US$ only) or bitcoin a minimum of $15US you can have backer access.

How trustworthy is Dwolla? Because I don't trust Bitcoin at all. 

And would it still be the $15? I'm not tryin' to be cheap here but y'know. 

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Dwolla is essentially Paypal but only for US. Is how I got backer

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Do note that we're approaching the Year of Free, a period of twelve months where all releases will be public.  It was one of the Offbeatr rewards.  From an economic perspective, if you're on the fence then it's best to hold off on becoming a backer until the year runs out.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
Do note that we're approaching the Year of Free, a period of twelve months where all releases will be public.  It was one of the Offbeatr rewards.  From an economic perspective, if you're on the fence then it's best to hold off on becoming a backer until the year runs out.

When is this starting? 2016?

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Likely after some space content is written. And possibly after factions, although not sure with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think some other on this forum when I was talking with Savin he said it's about finishing Myrellion (aka resolution to ant war) and space combat/ship menagment (at least basic form of it) would be considered as things that need to be done before calling Free Year officialy started. space stuff it's some chances we see before new year as for myrellion...probably. So very own end 2015 is quite unlikely...I think somewhere in first 3-4 months of 2016 (or in second half of 2016 looking at recent "denvelopment" speed of the team).

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think some other on this forum when I was talking with Savin he said it's about finishing Myrellion (aka resolution to ant war) and space combat/ship menagment (at least basic form of it) would be considered as things that need to be done before calling Free Year officialy started. space stuff it's some chances we see before new year as for myrellion...probably. So very own end 2015 is quite unlikely...I think somewhere in first 3-4 months of 2016 (or in second half of 2016 looking at recent "denvelopment" speed of the team).

Year of Free effectively starts when

• Space systems are done.
  • Yammi Crewmember is done.
Aaaand I think that's all that's left in Fenbutt's docket. Technically Myrellion is done as far as the main plot goes, and though we do need to get back to it, I don't know if that's counting against YoF.

Also re: OP: $15 flat at Dwolla/BitCoin/whatever gets you access, I think through TaintedSpace.com. $5/mo gets you Patreon access. see: http://www.taintedspace.com/65233/becoming-a-backer

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Year of Free effectively starts when

• Space systems are done.
  • Yammi Crewmember is done.

So on space system thing. Any progress since...time around CoC madness week? Or still nor you nor Gedan have time to sit and work on it even a lil bit?

About Yammi...ohh not knew she is one of condition of been start of YoF (cool she's nice npc and to her been on board maybe soon (as soon I mean up to next nine months ^^) is good to hear)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
So on space system thing. Any progress since...time around CoC madness week? Or still nor you nor Gedan have time to sit and work on it even a lil bit?

About Yammi...ohh not knew she is one of condition of been start of YoF (cool she's nice npc and to her been on board maybe soon (as soon I mean up to next nine months ^^) is good to hear)

Been busy with Halloween, and Gedan's basically been rebuilding the existing combat code from the ground up, so no. Still, that's one more major change from Silence wiggling it's way in, so progress yay. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Single Stage to Dicks?

No it's more akin to sexy version of serious diseases. The one that forcefully TF PC if not treated early enough as we will getting enough signs to get some treatment to get rid of it....if we want ofc. Sadly I can't recall any of those SSTD names as few of them fly around the forum already meantioned form time to time (that mean I got them at the end of my tounge but still can't recall proper names but once said each of them giving rough idea what they will do with PC body ^^).

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
No it's more akin to sexy version of serious diseases. The one that forcefully TF PC if not treated early enough as we will getting enough signs to get some treatment to get rid of it....if we want ofc. Sadly I can't recall any of those SSTD names as few of them fly around the forum already meantioned form time to time (that mean I got them at the end of my tounge but still can't recall proper names but once said each of them giving rough idea what they will do with PC body ^^).

It's a joke, Ormael. SSTO is "single stage to orbit," a term for Kerbal Space Program (and maybe real life) rockets that are able to achieve orbit without dropping any parts.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
It's a joke, Ormael. SSTO is "single stage to orbit," a term for Kerbal Space Program (and maybe real life) rockets that are able to achieve orbit without dropping any parts.

Aha! Fellow Kerbonaut!