So, is anybody disappointed with the lack of Hardlight compatible scenes?

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
Currently, the hardlight upgrades on undergarments don't really seem to be worth their price, only giving out a handful of scenes at best.

Are their any plans to add more scenes or let PC's with them engage in normal scenes that require a dick?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Sad truth is that hardlight scenes fall into similar case like taurs scenes. As for allow scenes that req dick to be accesable by those with hardlight...well in scenes with dick req. it usual assume that said cock will shoot cum which hardlight can't thus will be issues with scene pretending that used does cummed in the end. Which would make it akward unless poeple will pretend it's ok (some may but some others will be picky and complain or even make bug reports about it).

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Honestly, I'd be more keen to support hardlight if I could actually get into them as a concept. For me, the idea of a hardlight dildo that has sensory feedback is difficult to imagine and therefore fantasize about, as opposed to if it were just one of these things (A regular dildo with sensory feedback, or a hardlight dildo with no sensory feedback). I'd be much more keen to support a double-ended normal dildo than such a high-tech contraption.

That's why I don't go out of my way to support them, at any rate. That and it's one more variable to the list. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
Honestly, I'd be more keen to support hardlight if I could actually get into them as a concept. For me, the idea of a hardlight dildo that has sensory feedback is difficult to imagine and therefore fantasize about, as opposed to if it were just one of these things (A regular dildo with sensory feedback, or a hardlight dildo with no sensory feedback). I'd be much more keen to support a double-ended normal dildo than such a high-tech contraption.

That's why I don't go out of my way to support them, at any rate. That and it's one more variable to the list. 

So, correct me if I'm wrong. It was just a cool idea at the time and made it into the game but then you guys realized that it required it's own scene every time and were deterred by that fact?

If that is the case, that makes more sense. 

Still, would be a shame to see the item go to waste. 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Just consider it a cock type that doesn't cum.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So, correct me if I'm wrong. It was just a cool idea at the time and made it into the game but then you guys realized that it required it's own scene every time and were deterred by that fact?

I'm not on the team, so only they can answer that question. I was only speaking on my own behalf as a content contributor. All I know is Third wrote it and Fen put it in. 

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015

If that is the case, that makes more sense. 

Still, would be a shame to see the item go to waste. 

Way they could of made it work is turn the hard light cock into a channel sort of thing that funnels out the PC's girl cum as the ejaculation 

TheHappiestMerchantMan

Oct 5, 2015
Of all the things in TiTS Hardlight appears to be the closest to actual space magic I've seen. Isn't there a weapon in one of the upcoming submissions that's described as"magma encased in hardlight"? Like holy shit I can get with nanomachines and FTL travel and AI but you're telling me there's a weapon thats literally a "lava tube"? Fuck man iunno anymore.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Kiiiiinda.

What you said, but ALSO: basically Hardlights exist in the weird nebulous zone of "We keep talking about completely changing how they work so nobody wants to write for them until we decide what the fuck we're doing." The way they work now, they DO require their own scenes, which is annoying and defeats the purpose. Everyone's more or less AGREED that we should change it so it just functions as a pseudo-cock, and work in pc.hasCock scenes... but nobody knows how to make that happen, or if they do, has time to implement it. Would require changing both the item itself, plus several fairly vital pieces of code. 

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Would require changing both the item itself, plus several fairly vital pieces of code. 

Sooo, maybe much later. If I read that right?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Sooo, maybe much later. If I read that right?
It means it's one of those things where there will always be a dozen things that Fen and Gedan want to do more than reworking strapons, so strapons will almost certainly never be reworked.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Which is unfortunate since its a really cool idea, especially for folks like me who are just on the fence over liking futas but want a girl to put stuff in our butt.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
Of all the things in TiTS Hardlight appears to be the closest to actual space magic I've seen. Isn't there a weapon in one of the upcoming submissions that's described as"magma encased in hardlight"? Like holy shit I can get with nanomachines and FTL travel and AI but you're telling me there's a weapon thats literally a "lava tube"? Fuck man iunno anymore.

The lava saber is in the game currently, Emmy sells it

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The lava saber, Kara's force blade, if the Fantasia Foundry gets in it has a bow that uses hardlight to make explosive laser arrows.  Holodecks are some badass tech, man.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
The lava saber, Kara's force blade, if the Fantasia Foundry gets in it has a bow that uses hardlight to make explosive laser arrows.  Holodecks are some badass tech, man.

So basically Shadowshot Hunters from Destiny? :p

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I want a laser bow SO BAD...

Yvenne

Oct 25, 2015
I'm thinking while, even if, hardlight cocks are coded to count as cocks, it'd be really hard to incorporate that into sex scenes, or make it function as a cock while still registering the user as a woman in and outside sex scenes. Because with a positive hascock value, you would either be a male or a herm in sex scenes. And that's be hard. Especially since most scenes, like in defeat scenes, have you undressing all your articles of clothing and all that. So it'd be kind of hard to explain that, when you've already apparently stripped off your hardlight enabled panties. And of course, they won't ejaculate, so it won't be compatible with any scenes at the moment, because the male/herm usually always ejaculates in the end.

I'm disappointed too yeah. But then again it's too much trouble than work imho. Sure, maybe a few more hardlight compatible scenes can be somehow strained out. But complete or even major partial compatibility with most hasCock sex scenes is pretty much impossible I think.

Eh, just try out being a futa. Or a shemale. Or get a tailcock? It's not very different :p

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
 Especially since most scenes, like in defeat scenes, have you undressing all your articles of clothing and all that. So it'd be kind of hard to explain that, when you've already apparently stripped off your hardlight enabled panties. And of course, they won't ejaculate, so it won't be compatible with any scenes at the moment, because the male/herm usually always ejaculates in the end.
All it would need is a check for genitals. If you don't have penis but hardlight yet the scene calls for dick and undressing then just don't allow that scene to proc. 

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
I'm thinking while, even if, hardlight cocks are coded to count as cocks, it'd be really hard to incorporate that into sex scenes, or make it function as a cock while still registering the user as a woman in and outside sex scenes. Because with a positive hascock value, you would either be a male or a herm in sex scenes. And that's be hard. Especially since most scenes, like in defeat scenes, have you undressing all your articles of clothing and all that. So it'd be kind of hard to explain that, when you've already apparently stripped off your hardlight enabled panties. And of course, they won't ejaculate, so it won't be compatible with any scenes at the moment, because the male/herm usually always ejaculates in the end.

I'm disappointed too yeah. But then again it's too much trouble than work imho. Sure, maybe a few more hardlight compatible scenes can be somehow strained out. But complete or even major partial compatibility with most hasCock sex scenes is pretty much impossible I think.

Eh, just try out being a futa. Or a shemale. Or get a tailcock? It's not very different :p

The problem isn't being a shemale/herm/futa/whatever, it's that those are so commonplace they get boring real fast. 

I tried making a normal human character that was a bit of a tech freak, and I wanted her to use the Hardlight enabled panties but as I went on in the game with her I found less and less options to try out the rather pricey upgrade.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Dang, that makes me wish I hadn't deleted my Hardlight only character. 

Bess should be able to use one, that should be a thing.

But... but she's got a wide assortment of actual fake dongs. She doesn't need to use hardlight. And if it's a cum thing, then advocate for a "no cum" option from the devs.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
But... but she's got a wide assortment of actual fake dongs. She doesn't need to use hardlight. And if it's a cum thing, then advocate for a "no cum" option from the devs.

If you have a dom Bess it actually does make a lot of difference to a lot of people, there's something more demeaning in using a strap-on thing than the real thing.

It's a kink thing.