Most recent game you have purchased?

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
This topic is on what is the most recent game you have purchased?

For me, it's GTA 1868, aka Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Age of Empires 2: HD edition.

Mainly for the integrated multiplayer and the fan-made expansion. Definately an improvement over the original, when played on a modern PC.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Age of Empires 2: HD edition.

Mainly for the integrated multiplayer and the fan-made expansion. Definately an improvement over the original, when played on a modern PC.

Undertale, because I'm currently broke and have no qualms about being a torrent parasite. That game, however, was good enough to be worth it even after I watched it being streamed from start to finish.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Undertale, because I'm currently broke and have no qualms about being a torrent parasite. That game, however, was good enough to be worth it even after I watched it being streamed from start to finish.

I generally pay so I can incentivize devs to make more stuff. (I've only ever torrented a game once, and I wasn't impressed by it, so I deleted it and never looked back.)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Either Warhammer Vermintide or Sword Coast Legends. I can't remember which was first. Both pretty great.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
I've been feeling nostalgic so about a month ago i picked up The Legend of Dragoon and been playing through that for what Ithink is the 3rd or 4th time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Anno 2070 with it DeepSea exp and few others dlc that code to get was added to the box. ANd then turns out i needed dl crack to even play it -_-' But game itself was pretty good like all from Anno series.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I've been feeling nostalgic so about a month ago i picked up The Legend of Dragoon and been playing through that for what Ithink is the 3rd or 4th time.

I take it's a digital copy, right? I heard that physical copies skyrocketed.

Myself, I haven't bought any games in a while, as I'm currently busy with several old ones. Even if that makes me miss out on many games, I only buy games when I'm done with the lastest one I bought. And, since I'm a sucker for physical games, lack of space at home also forces me to be very picky.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
I take it's a digital copy, right? I heard that physical copies skyrocketed.

Actually no, its a physical copy... there was a local shop that opened up recently that specializes in old school games. I picked up a PS1 for a little over $20.00 and the game itself (complete with the game book and a pristine game case with next to no scratches on any of the 4 discs) was only $40.00 before tax. All told, including the two controlers and my two memory cards. I spent around $90.00... it was like $89 something but might as well round up... later i picked up Bushido Blade 2 and Battle Arena Toshinden. Probably gonna find me a copy of Crash Bandicoot as well.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
In that case, I can only say one thing... Lucky you. Lucky, lucky you.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Just picked up Disgaea 5 this weekend, first PS4 game I've wanted.  Great stuff as usual if it's your thing.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Well the place i found my copy at is called Replay. Really cool atmosphere, rock versions of classic Nintendo, Sega, and Playstation game music playing just loud enough to be heard in the background while they have two large flat screen tvs set up on the far wall one with classic super mario bros, the other with super mario world. They also had a copy of FF VII, VIII, Tactics, Great Fencer Musashi,Mega Man 8... those ones were in the glass case. The only copy of Legend of Dragoon was in the case too.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Well the place i found my copy at is called Replay. Really cool atmosphere, rock versions of classic Nintendo, Sega, and Playstation game music playing just loud enough to be heard in the background while they have two large flat screen tvs set up on the far wall one with classic super mario bros, the other with super mario world. They also had a copy of FF VII, VIII, Tactics, Great Fencer Musashi,Mega Man 8... those ones were in the glass case. The only copy of Legend of Dragoon was in the case too.

No, seriously, you're very lucky. I wish a similar store happened to exist near where I live. The closest I know's a second-hand crappy store which only had a handful of crappy edutainment PC games and your yearly FIFA/CoD for PS3. And, when I attend my city's manganime con, prices go from 15€ (a TLOZ Oracle of Ages cartridge) to a FF VIII sold for 45€.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Picked up Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold yesterday since I never played the original release. The added story mode's not the reason to play this series, but this time the characters are actually pretty likable so far.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I got hyped about Elite Dangerous after watching a bunch of gameplay videos. So I bought it and immediately realised that I don't have any friends to play it with..  ¬¬  I think I played it for like an hour ;n;

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
I just got a game called The Legend Of Legacy for 3DS its an atlus game, and its pretty good. I also got WWE 2k16 for mah PS3, Its a lot of fun. and of course if anyone has seen my post in main stream, I have a pre-order for SC2:LOTV

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I just got a game called The Legend Of Legacy for 3DS its an atlus game, and its pretty good.

Fyi Legend of Legacy is published by Atlus in NA, but FuRyu developed it. So not really an Atlus game.

Has anyone tried Disgaea 5? If so, how does it stand against the rest of the series?

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Fyi Legend of Legacy is published by Atlus in NA, but FuRyu developed it. So not really an Atlus game.

Has anyone tried Disgaea 5? If so, how does it stand against the rest of the series?

DOH!

C4_dn3

Aug 28, 2015
Helldivers, TLD, Tomb Raider GOTY, LISA, Dankest Dungeon and Talos Principle.

noice.png

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I got alot of games over the sales, but two games that I got over Steam that I liked the most are:

Axiom Verge. A great pure Metroid-esque indie game with a spooky atmosphere.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, a great game with a delightfully sexy female cast, but I stopped playing past the beginning when I realized I was playing the third in a series of games, I can't allow myself to play them out of order.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I actually went back and bought FFXII for the PS2. It's definitely been a long week, but I'm on my way to beat the superboss of the game...... *shudders*

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I actually went back and bought FFXII for the PS2. It's definitely been a long week, but I'm on my way to beat the superboss of the game...... *shudders*

Yiazmat......over 50 million Hp......takes a long time to complete.

Got a couple of new games for Christmas. Devil May Cry Remake Definitive Edition, Rogue Galaxy, Alien: Isolation and Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Quite a variety in the different types of game.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Got Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker over the holiday. The new scenario has more content than I expected, which is nice. I liked the atmosphere of the first game better, but the gameplay improvements here make it hard to go back to.
This will do nicely until SMT4:Final makes it over here.

Got a couple of new games for Christmas. Devil May Cry Remake Definitive Edition, Rogue Galaxy, Alien: Isolation and Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Quite a variety in the different types of game.

Gotta let me know what you think of DDR Persona once you've tried it.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
Yiazmat......over 50 million Hp......takes a long time to complete.

I know......I've already beaten the Hell Wyrm that looks similar to Yiazmat. I'm really not looking forward to doing this.....

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Got Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker over the holiday. The new scenario has more content than I expected, which is nice. I liked the atmosphere of the first game better, but the gameplay improvements here make it hard to go back to.
This will do nicely until SMT4:Final makes it over here.

Gotta let me know what you think of DDR Persona once you've tried it.

Really want to get DS2:RB myself. I have DS:Overclocked, and want to continue with RB.

DDR? Anyway, P4D has a pretty good story, although it's obviously easier to understand if you've played P4/G itself. If your not into rhythm games, probably don't get it, but if your okay with them or like them I do recommend getting this game, particularly if you are already into Persona. It uses songs from all the different P4 games, including Arena and Q.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
No, seriously, you're very lucky. I wish a similar store happened to exist near where I live. The closest I know's a second-hand crappy store which only had a handful of crappy edutainment PC games and your yearly FIFA/CoD for PS3. And, when I attend my city's manganime con, prices go from 15€ (a TLOZ Oracle of Ages cartridge) to a FF VIII sold for 45€.

Damn... :/ yeah I guess I do chalk it up to luck though. These kinda stores are pretty rare. Have you tried Ebay? I tend to have decent luck there. Impulse purchases are the bane of my wallet ... >.>