Deleted

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
It's kinda weird to me to see it with any graphics at all, really. When I last tried this game out it was all text except the mini-map, iirc

Hardmix898

Aug 26, 2015
Version 1.3 released!
Changes include:
  • New interface for a graphics oriented gameplay
  • Graphic models for characters, NPCs and items
  • Items remake
  • Backgrounds
  • New character edition window
  • Fixed some typos and text generation errors
+5$ Patrons can download this version from the Patreon post. Version 1.2.12 is now available at ethosofdarkness.com
Hope you guys enjoy it

Where were you at?

Motorpsico

Dec 10, 2017
I still with the same problem of "Windows 32 invalid application" on the .exe
Have you already make the 32 bits version? Because this isn't working .

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
The game still seems to bug up after some play. You'll get into a perma stat drain situation. Is there any perks to going back to basecamp to sleep? Also why is it that you make all the stats flatline at 1 after that middle bar appears and goes to red? You can't restore your stats once they're lost by this mechanic. That's a bit too glitchy. Also I found out in 1.3 that you don't want to work in the fields because the menu locks and you can't leave at all. You're stuck with infinite remove weeds.

Also the gameplay is still horribly skewed towards encounters that you can't hide from, you can't run from, and you usually cannot win at due to being outnumbered and outleveled by the enemies. Its a shame that you can't find lone encounters very often with low level enemies around your base camp. You'll be lucky to make it very far from there. I'm trying to figure out the latest trick to gain entry to the town now so that I can finally get some semblance of stability.

Another minor issue is that the game seems very twitchy when it comes to clicking on characters and getting the options to stay up. You'll click and they flicker on and off real fast. Is there some way to make the interface a little more permanent and less twitchy? This click to reveal options is kinda counterintuitive and a little clumsy to work with after trying it out for a bit.

After playing a bit I finally purchased some leather pants with armor of 1. Once I put it on I noticed that every time I opened my inventory or went somewhere that my other clothes would randomly de-equip. It wouldn't let me wear shoes or cover anymore. My top and pants remained on though. I don't know what's going wrong with this system here. It strips the undergarments too.

Its the pants that I bought. They strip all the normal clothing in the inventory. Plus they don't want to stay equipped either xD. That's troublesome since I need armor to survive out here.

Last edited:

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
The game works only in 64 bits systems

I'm not sure what you mean with the stats flat-lining at 1, is this after suffering some sort of trauma?

I want the steppes to be deadly, some lone unarmed civilian shouldn't be able to beat pretty much anybody, until at least leveling some. The problem is that there's still too little to do inside the safe zone between the start point and the town, so there's few opportunities to level, and there aren't warnings about going out of it.

I found that armor bug you mention, not sure if it was before or after releasing 1.3.1. In any case it should be solved for the next release.

Its only the raiders that seem to cause it. There's nothing in the way of a natural progression to enemy encounters. They're just stacked grossly against the player from the start. Shouldn't the zone around the nearby town at least be a little bit safer? I mean I would imagine the guards would drive off any raiders coming too near to the town/city afterall because who would want those bandits near their town? Also... you can't do the farm work because it will throw you into an infinite loop until you lose all your stats. All stats perma decrease down to 1 if you get hit by raiders or do certain things. Its basically a situation where you either load or start a new game since your character is borked at that point.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
It's kinda weird to me to see it with any graphics at all, really. When I last tried this game out it was all text except the mini-map, iirc
also it had a nightmarish UI that required a million clicks to do anything and sequences that went on forever.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Slightly, but it still needs a lot of work to reduce clicks. Since it has to contact the server after every click there should really be as few as possible when navigating.

Encounters need to be a lot shorter, too. When it's just repeating the same lines over and over again for like 12 turns, especially when there's nothing that can be done, the player's having negative fun.

Hardmix898

Aug 26, 2015
The game is not working! I can't get the game to run. Which EXE to run this Program?
Capture1.PNG

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Jaitzche

Mar 1, 2019
I can't seem to get it to work. As soon as I run it hit new game it gives me the 500 error. Am I supposed to extract something or something? (1.3.6 public version).

GamerPigon

May 31, 2019
If you don't mind me asking what all can you do right now in the game, and when can we see more scenes? Btw i really like this game ive been playing it alot just dont know what scenes i can see and where the progression ends for now.

Hawk16

Dec 14, 2019
The Patreon page is displaying an Error 404 message, and the other open download link that was provided has been removed. Where can I find the game now?