Willpower increase?

VisceraCupcake

Oct 5, 2015
Basically since I've started the game, i've just been leveling up other things other than willpower, and I've done the Lane quest, but I have 6 willpower and I want that sick money yo!

Is there any way to increase willpower?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Nope. Gotta dump those points into it. Sucks, man. I feel you, though. I was there at one point, save edited points into it from other stats.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Willpower is the only stat you cannot increase except by level up.  Uveto might introduce some sort of means of increasing it, but until then you're stuck save editing if you don't crank it to 40 with your level points.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
IMO until Uveto and PSI there's very little incentive to actually have your Willpower at more than 50% of level maximum, if not less. I tend to dump point there for purely RPing reasons. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
As for me with all the ways to rise stats aside Willpower now it's, hmmm well quite unwise not to dump all up to the willpower limit and then add it on other stats at each lvl up. But that just me (and yeah when psionic made it into game I won't need restat my charas ^^). And Willpower actualy for now gives some help with Elder Venus Pitchers to not fall automaticaly to their hypnosis.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Willpower affects certain scenes, line Lane's hypnosis.

Personally I'd like to see high WP PC's being able to submit voluntarily.

Last edited by a moderator:

pseudonym

Oct 19, 2015
By using the Two Ton Gym you can max out Agility, Physique and Aim just through the little exercises there, so it's worth saving for the 10K life pass if you do want to take this shortcut. If you do that, you end up with the max score in all attributes if, when leveling up, you just throw whatever points you have into Intelligence and Willpower. By level 8 where the cap is now, your PC will be 40 in all scores.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
By using the Two Ton Gym you can max out Agility, Physique and Aim just through the little exercises there, so it's worth saving for the 10K life pass if you do want to take this shortcut. If you do that, you end up with the max score in all attributes if, when leveling up, you just throw whatever points you have into Intelligence and Willpower. By level 8 where the cap is now, your PC will be 40 in all scores.

You can max out intelligence by talking to Syri about books over and over again on Mhen'ga. Willpower's the only stat that isn't easily maxed out like that.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You can max out intelligence by talking to Syri about books over and over again on Mhen'ga. Willpower's the only stat that isn't easily maxed out like that.

Heh you forgetting it req first beat her 3 times, then one more time winning bet yourself and picking appropriate for PC gender sex scene and after all that meeting Syri during day so she can "the magic words" :p And only after we can talk during day with her about all stuff even books that will give +1 int each time it proc.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You can just hold down the 1 key to rapidly cycle through Syri's dialogue over and over.

booleanquestion

Oct 16, 2015
Heh you forgetting it req first beat her 3 times, then one more time winning bet yourself and picking appropriate for PC gender sex scene and after all that meeting Syri during day so she can "the magic words" :p And only after we can talk during day with her about all stuff even books that will give +1 int each time it proc.

Pretty sure I've lost all four matches and still got the morning talk scene from her.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015

Uh, it doesn't have all of those requirements. You just gotta have played her at night (and maybe beat her once? I don't recall that being a requirement) and then talk to her during the day. You may have to agree to be in a relationship,  but you definitely don't have to have sex with her before getting the int bonus.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Savin said something about giving Syri a cap on Int boosting, maybe a soft growth as well.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Savin said something about giving Syri a cap on Int boosting, maybe a soft growth as well.

Wasn't it in thread about reworking ability tree for each class? Or in other thread when was talked over thing of been able max all stats aside willpower and idea to remove most if not all trainers with replacing it by pure lvl-up points spending, with even TF not changing stats aside of moving points from one stat to another but never actualy adding any new point?

@StarcraftJunkie: I not checked lately but some time ago when I made fem PC and never picked bet yourself option she wasn't able to rise int with syri like syri never asked about been friends at the day not until I bet her at night and finaly picked one of sex options.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Honestly,  in the name of game balance, all of the repeatable permanent stat increases should be getting limits like hard caps, soft growth, etc. implemented.

But there's been noise about that for months (probably well over a year now, in Syri's case) and not much has come of it. 

You may have to bet yourself, Ormael, but you don't have to win, and you definitely don't have to win 3 times.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015

I could have sworn that you could also increase intelligence by interacting with Kiro by selecting Wingman and then selecting Play Straight to get one point.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You may have to bet yourself, Ormael, but you don't have to win, and you definitely don't have to win 3 times.

As Heimdonger would say: For Great Science! I think will run in next few hours test to see if it possible without 3 wins, then bet yourself to unlock in current build Syri int boosting. It indeed made me curious if it was changed.

EDIT: Yup still without sex-ing Syri we can't get acces to int boosting. By that I mean or loose to her with bet yourself (which lead to her boning our PC this or other way so...still a sex scene) or PC after wining bet fucking Syri/let her fuck us (with female picking option of nevermind and giving up on winner prize makes Syri not unlocking daytime talks so also no int boosting). So still we want Syri int boosting we need this or other way fuck with her.

booleanquestion

Oct 16, 2015
I could have sworn that you could also increase intelligence by interacting with Kiro by selecting Wingman and then selecting Play Straight to get one point.

You can, but you have to have a Kind personality.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
I already said you may have to bet yourself, Ormael. By have sex with her, I was referring to separate from that, during the day scenes.

Brock

Nope. Gotta dump those points into it. Sucks, man. I feel you, though. I was there at one point, save edited points into it from other stats.

What's the easiest way to Save Edit? I've been looking around for a way to do that due to messing up one of my runs, but I wasn't able to figure out how so I just deleted it and started a new.