CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8v2 for CoC 1.0.2)

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
Dunno if I'm stupid or if it's a bug, but I can't figure out how to get the perks that require New Game+ working (Arcane Lash II/Iron Fist II/Archer's Stamina II etc...) I'm on my third ascension but according to the perk database I may as well just have started a new game. I have all of the regular stuff you get from ascending except for this one problem.

Kinofthehunt

Sep 20, 2017
Dunno if I'm stupid or if it's a bug, but I can't figure out how to get the perks that require New Game+ working (Arcane Lash II/Iron Fist II/Archer's Stamina II etc...) I'm on my third ascension but according to the perk database I may as well just have started a new game. I have all of the regular stuff you get from ascending except for this one problem.
this looks like a bug to me

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
Rip. It's strange too because loading that same save in revamp has ng+ perks working as intended, but it's just borked in xianxia. I didn't even do anything weird like jump between mods mid playthrough, everything's been on xianxia up until then. Ah well.

nightsound

Sep 16, 2016
This is probably a weird request but does anyone have a complete list of all the followers that have been added and how to recruit them. I can look up on the Wiki how to recruit people from before the Mod but I'm having trouble with everyone that has been added. Thanks ahead of time for any help given.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
someone on the forms said the modmaker was done witht his mod but idk how reliable they are.
Considering the modmaker's last comments in this forum implied that it was still in the works, I would say we would have to treat it as simple rumors until the maker comes forward to confirm it. The recent changes were on the smaller side lately. Hopefully the next build will have some neat new content to play around with.

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
Is there any sort of resource, such as a wiki or whatnot, that could be used to quickly look at the various additions, such as TFs, perks, job classes, or otherwise?

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
There's this but it's pretty bare bones so you'd be better off just asking any questions you have on the thread itself.
http://cocxianxia.wikia.com/wiki/CoC-Xianxia_Wiki
That's about right. Can't really gouge much more info from it than was already obvious.

So, do I need the Chimeric whatever perks to get a full TF?
Cause I was going for the Raiju thing, and it seemed like I couldn't go from half to whole until getting that.
And similarly with perks, what qualifies as natural weapons for the Beast Warrior class?
Got the weasel claws, and the Claw Fighter perk, but damage still feels pretty meh.
Although, that might be the equipped shield interfering, as I have a sneaking suspicion that it would.

Amygdala

Feb 24, 2017
That's about right. Can't really gouge much more info from it than was already obvious.

So, do I need the Chimeric whatever perks to get a full TF?
Cause I was going for the Raiju thing, and it seemed like I couldn't go from half to whole until getting that.
And similarly with perks, what qualifies as natural weapons for the Beast Warrior class?
Got the weasel claws, and the Claw Fighter perk, but damage still feels pretty meh.
Although, that might be the equipped shield interfering, as I have a sneaking suspicion that it would.
A lot TF's are pretty RNG based and could take a couple tries to get the full thing. There's also the possibility that you have a perk that makes it harder to transform and the Chimera perk sets it back into balance. As for the Beast Warrior class I'm not quite sure. Try seeing if there are any other perks that can increase your damage and unequipping your shield would probably be good to try as well.

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
A lot TF's are pretty RNG based and could take a couple tries to get the full thing. There's also the possibility that you have a perk that makes it harder to transform and the Chimera perk sets it back into balance. As for the Beast Warrior class I'm not quite sure. Try seeing if there are any other perks that can increase your damage and unequipping your shield would probably be good to try as well.
Didn't have any of the anti-TF perks.
I did notice that the rate at which TFs occurred felt way lower than the base game.

As it turns out, the Beast Warrior thing is because it's a stance system that has to be toggled in the perks menu, like double attacks.
Even after you get it, it defaults to off.
Damage seemed to increase about 10% when I set it right, and that wasn't in the class mode that consumes wrath, which apparently has a separate buff that further increases power when unarmed and clawed.

Amygdala

Feb 24, 2017
Didn't have any of the anti-TF perks.
I did notice that the rate at which TFs occurred felt way lower than the base game.

As it turns out, the Beast Warrior thing is because it's a stance system that has to be toggled in the perks menu, like double attacks.
Even after you get it, it defaults to off.
Damage seemed to increase about 10% when I set it right, and that wasn't in the class mode that consumes wrath, which apparently has a separate buff that further increases power when unarmed and clawed.
The game does track how many times you've been transformed in the playthrough so maybe you gain a natural resistance to TF's as the game goes on and it simply doesn't say so. Admittedly, It usually boils down to a perk having an unprecedented effect or just bad luck.

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
If/when there is an update, I'll be interested to see the remainder of Liadri's stuff get added, whether it be new content or the associated expansions.
Stuff like the mind flayers and the alraune variants look neat.

OldHickory

Jun 27, 2018
Does anyone know anything about constant HP bleed associated with the Mantis perks?
Got Tracheal System and its improved version, and started losing lots of HP pretty quick.