Question about Venus Pitchers

Trippy

Oct 16, 2015
I could've sworn that in an earlier version, you were able to run into a Venus Pitcher Elder before meeting a Venus Pitcher Young.

Now it seems like I could run around the southern half of the jungle all day without meeting an Elder if I didn't already run into a Young.

Is it still possible?

Ravelordnito

Sep 17, 2015
I've run into a venus pitcher elder before a young, this and last version. I'm fairly certain I ran into the elder through the fairly rare random event in the light jungle, before I ran into a young pitcher in the deep jungle.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Elder Venus pitchers can't travel around due to their size, so they are located at specific locations on the map (usually between the choke points and there are about 4 total, I think). It should be possible to meet one before meeting a young one if your character hits the right spot before encountering the younger variation.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Elder Venus pitchers can't travel around due to their size, so they are located at specific locations on the map (usually between the choke points and there are about 4 total, I think). It should be possible to meet one before meeting a young one if your character hits the right spot before encountering the younger variation.

Isn't there a marker on the map for those now?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

Markers have been in for a while now. But yeah, choke points, hopefully with a path around them. Except in mine I've got one that planted it's butt right in front of entrance to vanae area and light forest T junction.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, the elder venus pitchers are at static locations. They're not randomly generated in any way, shape, or form.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015

There are markers for them, but each one is only marked on the map after they have been encountered for the first time respectively.