What's up with the hate on taurs?

bigjrodsw

Oct 4, 2015
In the wiki it seems like a huge majority of sex options are unavailable to taurs, and that makes sense, given anatomy and such. Why not give the taur players some love and give us some more taur only scenes? Just sayin

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Good. You write them.

Indeed, though I hate it when it falls on me and what I want it basically breaks down to if you can spend your hours writing and coding a scene 95% of the audience will see or 5% you're probably going to do the former and not the latter.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Indeed, though I hate it when it falls on me and what I want it basically breaks down to if you can spend your hours writing and coding a scene 95% of the audience will see or 5% you're probably going to do the former and not the latter.

Just writing decently and in line with the guaiddlines would suffice, no need to code anything. Aside from that, there is also commissioning.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
it basically breaks down to if you can spend your hours writing and coding a scene 95% of the audience will see or 5% you're probably going to do the former and not the latter.

Basically why taurs have no scenes in the first place! 

I'll continue to sit here in my corner saying that non-bipedal builds might as well not be possible for players if we're not going to bother supporting them with scenes. 

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

Basically why taurs have no scenes in the first place! 

I'll continue to sit here in my corner saying that non-bipedal builds might as well not be possible for players if we're not going to bother supporting them with scenes. 

Sad truths. I get that there has to be some sort of logic to avoid portal physics, still a shame that few take on the task.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Portal devices are feasible in TiTS.

I don't mind not having Taur or Genderless PC's. I like Ellie as an NPC, though.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Sad truths. I get that there has to be some sort of logic to avoid portal physics, still a shame that few take on the task.

Right. That said, MOST scenes don't exclude taurs anymore -- that used to be a thing on Mhen'ga, kind of, but quickly fell out of practice (much like it did in CoC). Now we just don't *care* if the scene makes any sense if you're a taur. :/

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I'll pay you to write a crack scene exclusive to genderless bimbo taurs.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Because it's decidedly niche, really shouldn't have been tossed in the game a second time and often is pretty much bestiality. The fact that it even exists tanks the quality of life of writing for shit as is, cuz you can't even put in something like a ladder without pausing for a moment, let alone clothes and shit. NPC/followers/whatever? Yeah sure.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Because it's decidedly niche, really shouldn't have been tossed in the game a second time and often is pretty much bestiality. The fact that it even exists tanks the quality of life of writing for shit as is, cuz you can't even put in something like a ladder without pausing for a moment, let alone clothes and shit. NPC/followers/whatever? Yeah sure.

I counter with rubber forehead aliens are boring. May as well not have anything if all there is is basically human. As to the bestiality, how does a multileg body make it worse than if it was on a biped but still the same genitals? Also, if it's just because it looks animal like, where do you draw the line then with furries? Arguably they would be under the same bracket if it's because of animal features.

Then there's the topic of in real life if ever alien civilizations were to be discovered they most likely wouldn't look anything like a human. Biped, maybe, but not a guarantee. So if then an alien race doesn't look human and may or may not have multiple legs, would you classify a human-alien pairing as bestiality? Is sentience and consent not a factor? This than translates a bit to even rubber forehead aliens like those in the game. If you do classify a human-alien pairing as such, then essentially every scene in the game not with a human (or whatever race you may currently be) would be bestiality.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'd like to point out that a lot of 'beastly' sexual features are considered to be quite mainstream in Fen&Co games, and the posture alone does not make something into bestiality. That being said, I'm just glad that Naga-like PCs don't get shafted as hard.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
The whole beastiality debate has already been done to death on earlier threads. The long and short of it is: No one is writing scenes for Taurs, ergo there are no scenes.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I counter with rubber forehead aliens are boring. May as well not have anything if all there is is basically human. As to the bestiality, how does a multileg body make it worse than if it was on a biped but still the same genitals? Also, if it's just because it looks animal like, where do you draw the line then with furries? Arguably they would be under the same bracket if it's because of animal features.

Then there's the topic of in real life if ever alien civilizations were to be discovered they most likely wouldn't look anything like a human. Biped, maybe, but not a guarantee. So if then an alien race doesn't look human and may or may not have multiple legs, would you classify a human-alien pairing as bestiality? Is sentience and consent not a factor? This than translates a bit to even rubber forehead aliens like those in the game. If you do classify a human-alien pairing as such, then essentially every scene in the game not with a human (or whatever race you may currently be) would be bestiality.

"How is writing about banging a centaur's horse half right in the horse vagina bestiality and a bipedal person with a horse dong not???"

um well you see one is literally fucking a horse with a human torso attached to one end and

This has nothing to do with aliens. If you don't like various "human but X" aliens then welcome to contemporary sci-fi, deal with it??? You're probably not going to stick your dick in a space amoeba given sentience. 

edit: A comment was made while writing stuff for Edyrn is "I'm literally writing about fucking a horse." You'd have to write about fucking a horse (or whatever) for every character just in case the PC is a horse. (Or whatever.) This isn't a popular thing, unbelievably!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I fully agree with what Karretch and Nik said. Characters in Fengames feature characters with animal features, and no one cried bloody murder at the chance of being pounded by Urta's horse dong or getting a leithan (one of the most alien-looking races in a space game, oh my!) body. Or at that bad end with Tam-Wolf using Steele.

On topic, I feel sad about the lack of those choices, but sensible reasons have been given against it. Now, one could wonder why, in a smut-focused game, the PC option exists in the first place when the writers won't even poke it with a stick. Or how aliens don't look all that alien in a game about aliens. If I were on the staff, I'd write a big FAQ entry about that issue so that the question wouldn't pop up every now and then. Not that people would really pay attention to it, I'm afraid.

Also, I think that "multileg" is the word I'd use when "quadruped" is not enough as the body frame features more than four legs.

P.D. Aren't Galotians/Grey Goo that "space amoeba" or they're just "spehs humanoid goo"?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
"How is writing about banging a centaur's horse half right in the horse vagina bestiality and a bipedal person with a horse dong not???"

um well you see one is literally fucking a horse with a human torso attached to one end and

This has nothing to do with aliens. If you don't like various "human but X" aliens then welcome to contemporary sci-fi, deal with it??? You're probably not going to stick your dick in a space amoeba given sentience. 

edit: A comment was made while writing stuff for Edyrn is "I'm literally writing about fucking a horse." You'd have to write about fucking a horse (or whatever) for every character just in case the PC is a horse. (Or whatever.) This isn't a popular thing, unbelievably!

Many people were able enjoy fucking sometimes-amorphous blobs of goo-aliens/goo-robots last time I've checked. We have the second most popular Queen character being a tentacle-wielding oviposing crab-taur. TiTS main taur-race are bunny-lizards, bipedal versions of both halves being quite popular as well.

I would never pester people about writing something they don't find sexy or just don't feel like writing. However, something something glass-houses.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
It's kinda like the deal with muzzles, how the hell do you even work with that? Just seems like a very awkward situation and I'd rather not go google an explanation 

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It's kinda like the deal with muzzles, how the hell do you even work with that? Just seems like a very awkward situation and I'd rather not go google an explanation 

A few minutes on Furaffinity makes it pretty clear.  I generally go with the explanation that animalesque head types are subtly different from the real thing to maintain binocular vision, flexible lips, etc.  The overall shape of a horse-girl's face is strongly evocative of a horse, but is not actually like one.

As for centaurs: yeah, taur-exclusive scenes just aren't worth it as a writer.  Nagas might be sometimes, but they're much more compatible with normal scenes anyway.  People who don't write often don't realize (and sometimes people who do write forget) that writing sex scenes is actually really difficult and "just adding a taur scene" is a huge committment.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Personally if it was up to me i wouldn't include the ability to turn taur or naga because of what happened with CoC. I wouldn't have an issue with characters tht are naga/taur but the pc wouldn't be able to do that because, since submissions come via fans. Because of that it is almost impossible to provide quality content for these characters. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Personally if it was up to me i wouldn't include the ability to turn taur or naga because of what happened with CoC. I wouldn't have an issue with characters tht are naga/taur but the pc wouldn't be able to do that because, since submissions come via fans. Because of that it is almost impossible to provide quality content for these characters. 

Very much seconded. Nothing against tauric or serpentine NPC's, but with PC it becomes very strange.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Very much seconded. Nothing against tauric or serpentine NPC's, but with PC it becomes very strange.

But then again we got TF items and well so far only one exception of becoming on the outside like one of alien race was Red Myrs (cuz it was clear No for 4 arms and all issues that it will bring). So to not bother with such thing easiest will be remove all tauric/serpentine npc/races from game. Is it worth after all current work put into getting them ingame?

And telling it's ok to have NPC that is taur but PC can't be if game as one of features have transformations - so this will awake haters of not allowing PC have chance to TF to some of aliens race at cost of not need to acount for PC as taur in scenes.

Either way some part of comunity will be sad, mad, piss off. So well all it's about lesser evil aka here almost completly ignoring taur variants of the scenes.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
So to not bother with such thing easiest will be remove all tauric/serpentine npc/races from game. Is it worth after all current work put into getting them ingame?

And telling it's ok to have NPC that is taur but PC can't be if game as one of features have transformations - so this will awake haters of not allowing PC have chance to TF to some of aliens race at cost of not need to acount for PC as taur in scenes.

Either way some part of comunity will be sad, mad, piss off. So well all it's about lesser evil aka here almost completly ignoring taur variants of the scenes.

Or someone could just throw out a line about how gene-modding has limits, and bipedal humanoids are that limit; saying that the easiest way is removing all npcs of those racial types is just silly. Some part of this community will always be dissatisfied, this is not a reason to implement something to placate these people when it will never get any real support anyway. It's a lot of extra work for minimal yield, and the unhappy people will just complain about that lack of support instead, as per this thread.

edit: In short, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Damned if you don't takes less effort though.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
um well you see one is literally fucking a horse with a human torso attached to one end and...

This isn't a popular thing, unbelievably!

Speak for yourself, son. I fucking loved writing Ellie and my Edryn scene.

And I fucking loved all the Edryn scenes. I'm currently writing a gene-modded centaur for TiTs because Edryn was so bitching for residential floor. I just hate writing taur-only scenes because it's for 5% of players.

#NoFetishShaminBro