Bess/Ben questions

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
Greeting's! after having played TiTs for quiet some time i managed to find Bess/Ben and he/she has so far been my favourit character so far.

i've spent about 10 ingame days with bess/ben so far and raised the affection to a 100% completing events and trying to make bess/ben as independent as possible. she is actually working as my librarian right now... Heh. Anyway i haven't gotten any more events since i gave her the job.

got a feeling i missed something, i really wanted to start a relationship with bess/ben as a girlfriend/lover however the Dating option has been grey ever since i dug her out of tarkus.

i've created a few other characters trying other dialogue options hoping to unlock the Dating option. Sadly without success.

i've looked on the TiTs wiki sadly that got me nowhere.

is the dating option something you unluck late?

on my newest character i've been calling bess/ben honey from the start and she calls me honey aswell.

does that affect our relationship?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Greeting's! after having played TiTs for quiet some time i managed to find Bess/Ben and he/she has so far been my favourit character so far.

i've spent about 10 ingame days with bess/ben so far and raised the affection to a 100% completing events and trying to make bess/ben as independent as possible. she is actually working as my librarian right now... Heh. Anyway i haven't gotten any more events since i gave her the job.

got a feeling i missed something, i really wanted to start a relationship with bess/ben as a girlfriend/lover however the Dating option has been grey ever since i dug her out of tarkus.

i've created a few other characters trying other dialogue options hoping to unlock the Dating option. Sadly without success.

i've looked on the TiTs wiki sadly that got me nowhere.

is the dating option something you unluck late?

on my newest character i've been calling bess/ben honey from the start and she calls me honey aswell.

does that affect our relationship?

Most of the events are tied to time since last event, some of the events will happen as late as a week after the last one and require multiple visits to her menu to trigger. I had to use the script to figure out scene prerequisites. Before that my strategy was flying between planets and then sleeping before checking her menu repeatedly, got me through to the end of her content after I got stuck with the same problem as you... I wasted like 100 days in game time before I went and got her script file.

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
Most of the events are tied to time since last event, some of the events will happen as late as a week after the last one and require multiple visits to her menu to trigger. I had to use the script to figure out scene prerequisites. Before that my strategy was flying between planets and then sleeping before checking her menu repeatedly, got me through to the end of her content after I got stuck with the same problem as you... I wasted like 100 days in game time before I went and got her script file.

yeah, im on day 80 with my main bess/ben character. she is working a librarian job.

i've waited about 2 weeks almost. Checking in often. Sadly nothing :S i half expected her to invite me on a date after getting her paycheck! i've been very kind to her after all :S

anyway, have you managed to date her/him?

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
yeah, im on day 80 with my main bess/ben character. she is working a librarian job.

i've waited about 2 weeks almost. Checking in often. Sadly nothing :S i half expected her to invite me on a date after getting her paycheck! i've been very kind to her after all :S

anyway, have you managed to date her/him?

Exausted her content completely, so yes. 

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Some events require 1 day, usually the ones right after finding her, and as you progress in friendship then lovers the time increases to 2-4 days at max.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I have no idea what the source of the 'waiting 100 days' thing is, considering the time delay between events is meant to be pretty minimal. 

Maybe people are just having really bad odds with the random chance of scenes occurring.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Jim had a post somewhere, maybe old forums or on the doc, but just keep leaving her dialogue and reengaging her from crew menu to get scenes.

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
alright, sorry to everyone i was a fool really.

on my current character i got the event where she friendzones you on day 120 i believe. Please note i picked her up as soon as i could (day 3-5)

and now on day 204 she is officially my "Consort" ;) (lover)

and she asked me to take her on dates (the no fruit xP)

so all in all its about patience.

i think i was getting to used to the CoC system where almost none of the stuff was random and triggered when you reached 100%

must admit he/she is still my favourit character so far! cant wait to try the ben version! heh.

please close this thread :)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Jim had a post somewhere, maybe old forums or on the doc, but just keep leaving her dialogue and reengaging her from crew menu to get scenes.

Yup that the way to fastest proc her scenes (unless someone not mind do run for 100+ days). It jsut sometimes takes like....20+ tries to proc scene but atm I use that way with Bess to not wait days for next scene procing xD Fastest time to get all scenes (26 or so I think would be...some around 55-60 days, but who would remember to return to ship after enough time pass to proc next scene?)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You can find her on left part of the map after you leave Novahome but I not remember exactly room where she's. I think it's room named: Next to the Junk pile, or one of a near to it like 1-2 rooms away from max.

EDIT: peeked at code and it's exactly room named: Next to the junk pile (so you need look for it in the left/west part of Tarkus map)

Gharldo

Sep 26, 2015
Just a question since I seem to have hit what I guess is the end of the current Bess/Ben content; is the-

*Spoilers?*  

-scene with the pirate/mercs and the shootout (may have done a lil follow up one after that too, cant recall) the current end of the Bess/Ben content?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes it's end for now (well think grats you gone throu all of her scenes and etc. - now tip a glass of some alcohol in name of Great Lord of Smut Jim that brough her to us (and Gedan-sama too for coding her)).

ILikeitintheButt

Sep 13, 2015
Sorry, i'm new here and i'm having trouble getting the "date" option to be available. Are they not implemented? the stats menu says I have 100% affection with Bess, What could be the problem? Thanks if anyone can help!

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
There's only 5 non-repeatable dates. If you haven't done them yet then idk. Otherwise, one time deal.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Spoiler alert, but let me know if this breakdown is accurate:

Hidden Content

Saw that earlier today, actually. Good job! That sums it up pretty well. God, she's a fuckton of complicated mish-mash. @_@

I tend to avoid writing up info on my own chars on the wiki. It's because I find a definite thrill in watching how they're interpreted on the other end. 

Bigfan

Oct 6, 2015
Wow...wow - wow - no, just WOW!
Sorry if i should be in the wrong thread for this, but i just created this account only to tell you Jim and Gedan that you really had put some real spice and wolf - ah i mean sweet drama/romance magic into TiTs with writing and implementing Bess/Ben into it. It is quite something refreshingly different in comparison to the rest of the nevertheless amazing game.
The only thing i don't like is that the story has ended for now. It can't be that something as troublesome as an AI with disbelief on herself/himself and the universe - and with a Mr. Goldfinger, who wants to see Lara failing on her mission, being on their track - keeps calm for long, can it? :eek:
Well, ofc i know it must be quite the hard work to write and code the whole stuff but i like to encourage you to continue the story. You could extent the story in the game into book-dimensions hehe :D

So my question to match the topic would be: Are we allowed to expect to see more of this exquisite piece of epic in the future? :)

PS: *Spoiler alert* Somehow i am really attached to the idea of an AI developing an own consciousness and being independent. I was touched after reading how the date in the urban city went sad and i loved the part she/he went rogue agains the pirats in the end.
PPS: I picked the female choice and named her into Myria. Although Bess is a fitting name, too, i thought that might match her better. Btw I can't turn the option of sleeping together on/off. It's currently always active though i don't really mind it :p

Reactions: Kil

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Wow...wow - wow - no, just WOW!
Sorry if i should be in the wrong thread for this, but i just created this account only to tell you Jim and Gedan that you really had put some real spice and wolf - ah i mean sweet drama/romance magic into TiTs with writing and implementing Bess/Ben into it. It is quite something refreshingly different in comparison to the rest of the nevertheless amazing game.
The only thing i don't like is that the story has ended for now. It can't be that something as troublesome as an AI with disbelief on herself/himself and the universe - and with a Mr. Goldfinger, who wants to see Lara failing on her mission, being on their track - keeps calm for long, can it? :eek:
Well, ofc i know it must be quite the hard work to write and code the whole stuff but i like to encourage you to continue the story. You could extent the story in the game into book-dimensions hehe :D

So my question to match the topic would be: Are we allowed to expect to see more of this exquisite piece of epic in the future? :)

PS: *Spoiler alert* Somehow i am really attached to the idea of an AI developing an own consciousness and being independent. I was touched after reading how the date in the urban city went sad and i loved the part she/he went rogue agains the pirats in the end.
PPS: I picked the female choice and named her into Myria. Although Bess is a fitting name, too, i thought that might match her better. Btw I can't turn the option of sleeping together on/off. It's currently always active though i don't really mind it :p

:D <- Tried to think of different responses. Can't. Default for flattery.

When it comes to Bess/Ben, the answer is that I'm waiting a good long while and working on other projects until the coding trauma settles (If, in fact, it can), so that if any small Bess content were to appear in Fen or Gedan's inbox, it would not be 2spooky and result in screaming and/or fucknopes.

If such a day comes, yeah, I'd totes be keen to continue her main plotline and add some more sex scenes. One of the things I'd be keen to do is have a non-disastrous way to have her move off the ship and into a Tavros apartment, so you can at least shift your ship's crew around and then bring her back on, for instance. 

In truth, Bess kind of stops because I got to around 120k words (Note: Most fantasy fiction novels are 80-100k) and thought 'Oh shit, this might be too big, I should ask Fen if he wants it in chunks'. Sooo, I kind of wrote it in a way there was meant to be more, like the whole gene-splicer pregnancy thing.

As for turning sleeping off, I don't know, maybe it's a bug? It should be available as an option via one of the menus. :3

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
As for turning sleeping off, I don't know, maybe it's a bug? It should be available as an option via one of the menus. :3

Yea, it's a bug--the flag it was checking to generate the button was misspelled--it was reported and I should have gotten it fixed with the pull request (#457).

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
:D Sooo, I kind of wrote it in a way there was meant to be more, like the whole gene-splicer pregnancy thing.

(First of all was only trying to quote one part and the face ^ was kinda just stuck in there.)

Second there might be Bess/Ben babies?! Thaaaannnnk yooou Jim you beautiful man you!

Also, not sure if i asked this already, but theres the option of Ben/Bess carrying a katana... is that just for aesthetics or is there actually going to be a use for it? Will we actually get a secondary partner to travel with us while exploring the planets? Or am I just reading too much into the katana?

Cause to be honest having Anno at my side during the grey goo quest on Tavros was sooo friggin cool and I kinda didn't want it to end, now she stays on the ship unless its to go out on a -coughs- "date" with her girlfriend. Lol

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
>Thinks about where's it's best to tell Jim how much he loved Dom Bess' knot variant for doggystyle, especially the breeder remarks.

>Suddenly sees Jim subtly/not-so-subtly implying Bess babies in the future.

>Dies of brain being deprived of blood flow from massive ensuing boner.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
 (First of all was only trying to quote one part and the face ^ was kinda just stuck in there.)

Second there might be Bess/Ben babies?! Thaaaannnnk yooou Jim you beautiful man you!

Also, not sure if i asked this already, but theres the option of Ben/Bess carrying a katana... is that just for aesthetics or is there actually going to be a use for it? Will we actually get a secondary partner to travel with us while exploring the planets? Or am I just reading too much into the katana?

Cause to be honest having Anno at my side during the grey goo quest on Tavros was sooo friggin cool and I kinda didn't want it to end, now she stays on the ship unless its to go out on a -coughs- "date" with her girlfriend. Lol

Cyborg/android babies? Why the hell not, I guess. As for your second question, I'm pretty sure that we won't have an option to have another combat-capable NPC with us all the time and even dungeon specific partners won't be a very common occurrence.

We will remember you, comrade Fox. R.I.P. in smut heaven.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

AFAIK, there's definitely no plans to bring multi-person combat over to TiTs. There's probably a list of reasons as long as Merlin's beard. One of which off the top of my head is backwards compatibility; unless it was done from the start, I'm not sure it could be done in an overall way, aside from short side quests like Anno's. Something like the Silence, however, was designed with multi-person combat from the start. All the writers would need to go back and redo shit... and I definitely don't see that happening.

On top of that, the 150% least likely character to be allowed to go out and frolic in a combat system is Bess/Ben. I mean look at him/her. He/She can't even make up his/her name or gender pronoun! I imagine the very thought of making a multi-combat Bess/Ben for TiTs probably makes members of the team, I don't know, break out in hives or something. I mean, Savin doesn't even want to touch her for threesomes, because she's some sort of Cthulhu-like monster with variants instead of tentacles, threatening to swallow the sanity of any who look upon her ancient, ungodly visage.

... But I love her anyway, even if she's my deformed, Elder-god baby.

That SAID, I have played with the idea of having her train with said Katana, so at least she can defend herself and maybe the ship should it ever one day come under attack in a non-combat encounter sense. You know, just for peace of mind. And the fact female cyborg katana assassins are kind of cool.

>Thinks about where's it's best to tell Jim how much he loved Dom Bess' knot variant for doggystyle, especially the breeder remarks.

>Suddenly sees Jim subtly/not-so-subtly implying Bess babies in the future.

>Dies of brain being deprived of blood flow from massive ensuing boner.

I aim to please. Glad to hear those knotting/goo/plant cock variants aren't going to waste. :3

Cyborg/android babies? Why the hell not, I guess.

When I say Bess gene splicing, just to clarify; the scenario in which I am describing is one in which Bess gets a gene splicer upgrade and, through SCIENCE, uses it and your DNA to give birth to a new life, slicing in a few vanity qualities from her end; qualities she associates with herself. I imagine this might involve making a very loose digital approximation of her own genome if it were organic, then using the gene splicer to put that in. E.g. Her nose, or lips, all the things parents love to hear their kids inherited from them. So the result wouldn't be a cyborg, but rather an organic child with half-and-half traits, using your DNA as a base. Maybe she melds some of her meld-milk into a synthetic ova or sperm using said upgrade.

All that, is like, super unsexy science talk though. TL;DR: You shoot your jism in her and get her preggers, or vice versa. BLAM. Babies. Since artificial wombs already exist to an extent, it's no stretch to imagine Bess/Ben can do this inside their body.

Reactions: Kil

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
AFAIK, there's definitely no plans to bring multi-person combat over to TiTs. There's probably a list of reasons as long as Merlin's beard. One of which off the top of my head is backwards compatibility; unless it was done from the start, I'm not sure it could be done in an overall way, aside from short side quests like Anno's. Something like the Silence, however, was designed with multi-person combat from the start. All the writers would need to go back and redo shit... and I definitely don't see that happening.

On top of that, the 150% least likely character to be allowed to go out and frolic in a combat system is Bess/Ben. I mean look at him/her. He/She can't even make up his/her name or gender pronoun! I imagine the very thought of making a multi-combat Bess/Ben for TiTs probably makes members of the team, I don't know, break out in hives or something. I mean, Savin doesn't even want to touch her for threesomes, because she's some sort of Cthulhu-like monster with variants instead of tentacles, threatening to swallow the sanity of any who look upon her ancient, ungodly visage.

... But I love her anyway, even if she's my deformed, Elder-god baby.

That SAID, I have played with the idea of having her train with said Katana, so at least she can defend herself and maybe the ship should it ever one day come under attack in a non-combat encounter sense. You know, just for peace of mind. And the fact female cyborg katana assassins are kind of cool.

Well that makes sense, i mean i do remember reading somewhere that Savin said he wouldn't even mention him/her in passing just cause of the code nightmares he would have or some such. And I asked cause i figured maybe there could have been a way to implement a party member helping you like something along the lines of Tam-wolf with writer inspired generic fight dialogue, "Anno points her blaster at [insert creature name] and fires dealing x damage." But i will say that i wouldn't even begin know how difficult it would be to code such a thing, though i can be happy knowing that she could be trained to use the katana to defend the ship (though noone besides Steele would notice). Though on a more cheery note, does this also mean that luke Cthulhu, the more I say "Bess" the more likely she is to appear?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I mean, Savin doesn't even want to touch her for threesomes, because she's some sort of Cthulhu-like monster with variants instead of tentacles, threatening to swallow the sanity of any who look upon her ancient, ungodly visage.

Would it not be possible to just be as generic as possible and avoid all the variables in some way?

All that, is like, super unsexy science talk though. TL;DR: You shoot your jism in her and get her preggers, or vice versa. BLAM. Babies. Since artificial wombs already exist to an extent, it's no stretch to imagine Bess/Ben can do this inside their body.

Maybe not sexy to you. Not kink levels, but man science rules.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Glad to hear those knotting/goo/plant cock variants aren't going to waste. :3

They aren't, trust me. I really like those knotting remarks as well, enough to repeat them from time to time. My Ben interactions have been most pleasing so far. The only thing I found not so detailed was the lack of descriptions when purchasing/equipping stuff.