Corrupt or not Corrupt? Tis the question.

Titus

Aug 30, 2015
Playing the COC revamp mod

Which path has the most / rewarding content.

I like playing corrupted hero, am i missing out on a lot?

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
Keep two save files, silly. Or rather, two saved paths, with multiple save files each for backup purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
I suggest playing non-corrupt first. It mostly effects your followers so playing non-corrupt will let you see what they're like without you meddling with them.

Then, once you play corrupt and start making slaves and bimbo'ing them, you can appreciate just how far they've fallen.

Titus

Aug 30, 2015
I suggest playing non-corrupt first. It mostly effects your followers so playing non-corrupt will let you see what they're like without you meddling with them.

Then, once you play corrupt and start making slaves and bimbo'ing them, you can appreciate just how far they've fallen.

So will i still have access to phoenix tower and stuff like that (i guess what im asking is if there is exclusive content for pure path that i should work on)

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
So will i still have access to phoenix tower and stuff like that (i guess what im asking is if there is exclusive content for pure path that i should work on)

There are a few followers that won't even interact with you if you have a high corruption and will leave your camp if your corruption get too high.

There's also a Kangaroo NPC in the plains who is automatically affected by your corruption, as in her corruption level will change up and down depending on your own.

Dungeons like the Tower will stay open regardless of your corruption

Titus

Aug 30, 2015
There are a few followers that won't even interact with you if you have a high corruption and will leave your camp if your corruption get too high.

There's also a Kangaroo NPC in the plains who is automatically affected by your corruption, as in her corruption level will change up and down depending on your own.

Dungeons like the Tower will stay open regardless of your corruption

YAY I'm foff to mindbreak jojo.  :jizz:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I don't know about quality, but I felt bad for turning Amily into a doormat and making Jojo lose everything just because I wanted tentacles. It was quite the meta way to show how corruption makes you more focused on selfishness.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I'm too much of a goody two shoes to try anything corrupt. More often than not, I'll always follow the pure path and if there isn't one, I'll choose the one with the least amount of corruption to it.

Oct 3, 2015
I actually started out as a pure Champion, but after I had almost finished the game(0.9.4c), I decided to make a new one, which I'd make corrupted, and then get the best of both Worlds, so-to-speak. I think that's the best way of getting around it.

PS! For me it was to do pure first, and then corruption, but each needs to know their own preferences, as hatternumber0 said, you'll see how far they've fallen once you've already played the pure path, and it's kinda fun to see how they'd act and look like when they're completely under your command. (It may or may not have something to do with my dom fetish..)

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
To quote the late, great Terry Pratchett:

"Once you know you have a choice between right and wrong, you CAN'T choose wrong."

Sure, my character sleeps around. Sure, he decided to make the most of his uncanny knack for both kicking the shit out of demons and constructing balanced harems. But just because he's not a great human being doesn't mean he's a BAD one.

So, to answer? Pure.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
After making a corrupt champion the first go and somehow getting into tel'adre then fell in love with Urta. After that I could no longer do wrong, every time I did I felt like such a dick... WHY?!?! must I have such a soft spot for people with sad stories... Go Pure the first go.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I stay at 0 corruption no matter what it takes, and since I really love the Driders I have to pester Jojo a lot for healing.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I stay at 0 corruption no matter what it takes, and since I really love the Driders I have to pester Jojo a lot for healing.

Can't Adrian help with lowering corruption when you get him/her in your camp?

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Arian was too creepy for me, what with his "YOULIKEGIRLS!? *gulps down magic sex-change mcguffin before you can blink* I'MGIRLNOWLOVEMEPLEASETHANKS!"

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
I always thought of it like this, In CoC staying completely pure is.....pretty much impossible as anyone in the walled city will tell you, but on that same inclination, It's also possible to have a stupidly high libido, while still not being a corruption spreading nutjob.

So I always played the guy struggling to remain himself, while still having a little fun on the side. I mean having a horse dick, Getting raped by almost everything under the sun(including the Gym's sex machine), helping your friends libido problems and occasionally getting into an orgy, shouldn't stop you from being the heroic cool guy right?

BlueMogu

Sep 12, 2015
It's strange to hear this many people say they prefer staying pure rather than turning corrupt; I've always presumed it was the opposite. Although, when I first discovered this game I actually believed the goal was to avoid corruption. Losing to monsters mostly resulted in rape which raised my characters corruption score as did using items such as Incubi Draft. It felt that there was a price to pay for failure or abusing substances to fuel one's perverted fantasies. Hence, I presumed reaching maximum corruption would result in my character losing their mind and possibly turning into a demon. I soon discovered this was not the case and that the player's corruption score mostly served to enable or disable specific content.

In my experience the differences between being fully pure or corrupt aren't actually that different. Most scenes play out about the same and dialog options don't change much if at all. Many characters will often still have sex with the player even if they are a fully corrupt demon-morph infested with worms; this includes Urta, whose job it is to defend Tel'Adre from corruption. Actually, it seems more options are disabled for pure characters than the corrupt ones. Although, to be fair they mostly involve things like corrupting potential followers or having sex with monstrous creatures like the plants in the Corrupt Glade.

I say play whatever level of corruption you feel is most comfortable. It's a sacrifice either way, but it's not a significant one; and it's rather obvious what playing corrupt or pure entails.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
The problem with corruption path is that you can't play a consistent character if you want to get them all, you need to basically play with the wiki open and completely change your approach and behavior to match whichever char you are trying to get. You even bad end if you are too corrupted (turn into demon; I was really disappointed that it didn't unlock demon quest)

While pure can just be white knights throughout and get everyone.

That being said, to answer op. Just keep two sets of save files, duh

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
It's strange to hear this many people say they prefer staying pure rather than turning corrupt; I've always presumed it was the opposite. Although, when I first discovered this game I actually believed the goal was to avoid corruption. Losing to monsters mostly resulted in rape which raised my characters corruption score as did using items such as Incubi Draft. It felt that there was a price to pay for failure or abusing substances to fuel one's perverted fantasies. Hence, I presumed reaching maximum corruption would result in my character losing their mind and possibly turning into a demon. I soon discovered this was not the case and that the player's corruption score mostly served to enable or disable specific content.

Not entirely true.  The higher your corruption score the more vulnerable your character is to the world's threats.  If you don't actually take the various corrupt perks or max out your main four stats, your corruption is a huge liability that will most likely lead to you submitting to the monsters in the world in some way or another.  Like libido and sensitivity, corruption increases the amount of lust damage you take from enemy attacks and makes it harder to succeed various attribute checks in the game.

Masakatsu

Sep 24, 2015
Not entirely true.  The higher your corruption score the more vulnerable your character is to the world's threats.  If you don't actually take the various corrupt perks or max out your main four stats, your corruption is a huge liability that will most likely lead to you submitting to the monsters in the world in some way or another.  Like libido and sensitivity, corruption increases the amount of lust damage you take from enemy attacks and makes it harder to succeed various attribute checks in the game.

So basically your corruption would be so far progressed that even a goblin could beat you if it shakes it's ass at ya? Hyperbole i know but you get my point.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
So basically your corruption would be so far progressed that even a goblin could beat you if it shakes it's ass at ya? Hyperbole i know but you get my point.

As DarkMaster have said, that'd be the case if your character doesn't descend into Corruption knowing what they're doing. If they do, the dark side has a lot to offer in raw power (Akbal gifts so OP), lust management perks and good old fetish fuel.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015

Why wouldn't you take the corruption exclusive lust reducing perks?