Scepter Quest

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
I'm pretty new to this game, and have essentially been playing it by wandering around aimlessly. I got myself into the quest involving the literally fucked up bunny kingdom and their asshole king, I fought him, got one shotted and moved onto the quest for the scepter. When I first went into the King's Road to do the quest I was level 4 or so. The Gol Queen is level 13. Naturally I got one shotted. It happens a bunch more, with no difference every time I go on so I say "fuck it" and just start grinding [SIZE=10.8333px](heh)[/SIZE] the early level mobs until I can one shot them. 

This is where my problem starts. I'm level 15 now with full bronze armor and buckler accessories since that's the only stuff I've found out how to get. My max health is around 514 and max lust is two hundred something. Each time I fight her I manage to bring her down to around half, but my cause of death each time has always been due to a spell that will instantly bring my lust to max and make me instantly lose. It also doesn't help that it only takes her like 5-6 hits to take me down if I don't use First Aid every other move. It feels kinda silly that even though she's listed as two levels below mine she has 4x my total health. How do I fight this? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I'm pretty new to this game, and have essentially been playing it by wandering around aimlessly. I got myself into the quest involving the literally fucked up bunny kingdom and their asshole king, I fought him, got one shotted and moved onto the quest for the scepter. When I first went into the King's Road to do the quest I was level 4 or so. The Gol Queen is level 13. Naturally I got one shotted. It happens a bunch more, with no difference every time I go on so I say "fuck it" and just start grinding [SIZE=10.8333px](heh)[/SIZE] the early level mobs until I can one shot them. 

This is where my problem starts. I'm level 15 now with full bronze armor and buckler accessories since that's the only stuff I've found out how to get. My max health is around 514 and max lust is two hundred something. Each time I fight her I manage to bring her down to around half, but my cause of death each time has always been due to a spell that will instantly bring my lust to max and make me instantly lose. It also doesn't help that it only takes her like 5-6 hits to take me down if I don't use First Aid every other move. It feels kinda silly that even though she's listed as two levels below mine she has 4x my total health. How do I fight this? 

First things first, What is your party like? Who do you have with you?

yusiko

Sep 14, 2015
he is the hardest story boss in the game so far.

ive never been able to beat him legit. you can just use debug mode and cheat though to auto win

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
he is the hardest story boss in the game so far.

ive never been able to beat him legit. you can just use debug mode and cheat though to auto win

Pretty much how I did it. Kinda seems like it's a beefgate for now, moreso than anything.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
I mean max level bruiser, max level bruiser Layla, Terry and Kia as meat shields won it for me, i just got lucky enough to where he only focused on me once

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Oh boy we should have dig old thread of old forum how to beat Lagon (and Gol if some find it hard). Ok well no big thing.

Let get to subject then. My dear fellow FoE fan to beat Gol and later Lagon in final showdown you need grind hard like really hard. I looked at some save where I got party that was able clear all so far content ingame and all of them was like 22-23 lvl. Bruiser job aoe skill is kinda a must for Lagon unless you got enough hard hitting people to just kill him in few turns (but that would be having even more than lvl 22-23 party but who would have patience to grind normaly to lvl 30 or so?). Gather all followers you can (Kiai, Terry, Layla) and make sure each of them is specialized into something like elf been best party healer/ fox been well jsut fast (akin putting almost all lvl up pts into dex), Layla...hmmm make her into fighter type (she can learn aside MC Bruiser too). As for my MC I made him into hard hittin fighter as well (maxed Fighter and Bruiser jobs).

During Lagon fight is improtant to make sure anyone hit by his combo move will survive (yeah I put some hp/armor adding items on elf to keep it alive) and after it using aoe to kill boss helpers (he would summon new ones but always when your aoe is ready to use again). Also not be shy to use hp/sp potions during fight to keep party alive and able to use their special moves. If you got some more specific questions ask and I will try answer as best I can.

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
Heh, reading that made me remember that this is a party based game... 

At the start of the game I blatantly dissed Kia and just went off alone. I never really got around to recruiting any one else. I like the idea of a one man army way more than the rag tag team of misfits trope. Also, I was talking about fighting the Gol Queen, I haven't gotten to having an actual fight against Lagon yet (besides the part where I got one shotted at level 4).

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
She's hard and most of these tips will help, even if wrong boss. I couldn't take here out till I was 18 or so, so don't feel too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh my bad to talk about wrong boss. My bad also that when I was prepeared to face Lagon Gol Queen is like breeze walk for me. So techincally I always ends up fight Gol and right away go smash lagon in his bunny face thus all I told here pretty much reflect how my party looked when beating her. And I tell you that if you had hard time with Gol Queen Lagon final fight would be like...like...10 times more annoying to deal with. Also there is part when you got like shot down to 1 hp before final fight with him (that scene IS meant to take you down to 1 hp no matter what so later you can properly smack him down so not feel bad about it - that scene after turning 2nd set of items to Ophelia).

As for Queen...humm. I would recomend use all strongest singel target skills (or anything that hit hardest to finish her fast enough). And I think you could solo queen but would probably require you be much more higher lvl than 22-23 too. I think MC solo with maxed all jobs (that state around 40-ish lvl) should be able fight alone with her. As been said this game rely on team fights so all enemies are balanced for you having actualy party members with you. TiTS/CoC on other hand been set as PC been one (wo)man army fights.