Something interesting

pmv

Sep 25, 2015
Take a look at the following site: http://blog.flexiblesurvival.com/

The game Flexible Survival ran into some trouble with their game.

Instead of just dumping a mass favorite as-is and proceed to start from scratch on another, lesser game; they strangely enough chose to

come back to it. They... copied it over to another program? Based off Fenoxo's design??

Im detecting some irony here. Just a teeny bit.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
was like 'eh I'll give it a go' it has crashed 6 times in a row since then, what am i doing wrong? actually played into and well, just no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
They *really* should have asked to borrow the TiTS engine or something, not UTG. CoC ran into the same problem they did about content overflow, too, and the old engine is made of spaghetti anyway. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Great, now all I can think of is the engine vomiting Mom's Spaghetti on it's sweater when it crashes.

Hard to keep your meal down with an Olympic swimming pool worth of other people's bodily fluids sloshing about in yer stomach, not surprised the thing crashes.

Songbird

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah, Flexible Survival was playfully dubbed the stress test for Inform7 since it's the largest game made in that engine. Unfortunately, Inform has several bugs in the latest available version, one of which makes it impossible to compile on ridiculously huge source texts. As a result Blue Bishop nabbed the UTG engine so they could at least be able to make new content without cutting out old material.

It'd be neat if the FS devs could get their hands on the TiTS engine though for the sake of not getting completely bogged down. I'll try to nudge Nuku or Blue Bishop toward that when they get the chance to see what's possible.

Visceral

Sep 28, 2015
I tried Flexible Survival....ugh, crash after crash, finally gave up on the game, ill wait till they get a better game engine to play it on...that is IF they get a better one...

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I go back and forth to it every once and a while. My biggest issue with Flexible is the clumsy inventory and save system and the fact that nine times out of ten your libido does what it wants too without a care in the world to what you're doing each turn. That and pets are virtually worthless in battle. Top it off with the wiki being a mess of outdated information and large information potholes that make the roads here in my town look smooth as can be -- (pauses briefly) the roads here are shit. It has a lot of promise, it's just that it's built on a glitchy foundation and for all of the content it has, most of it is half done. Would love to see it on a better engine like the one TiTS uses. At least there's a metric ass-ton of places to visit, things to do, run into, fight, and mess around with, so I've yet to get bored with it.