No Man's Sky

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I heard about this a while back and never checked into it. After hearing about it again on a game forum I have that is in alpha stage I decided to check it out. Omfg can't wait until this game gets released, think I pretty much had a nerdgasm when I saw the vids and the way the game is visually + other things.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

pretty much... I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD feeling :p

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I was initially going to say I wasn't excited for this game, because I think it will be much like Spore in that the planets simply don't feel big and unique enough.

Howeeeveerr, I figured I should check out some more videos of the game and I have to admit I am pretty excited now. I don't really like the way every single planet I have seen thus far has had a very boring sky. Like it's very foggy-looking and there aren't really any clouds or anything like that. And the way the sky sort of blends in to create the foggy effect that restricts your view distance I personally feel takes away from the sense of scale. Then again, there will be infinite planets, so maybe if I get the game and go exploring, I will find my perfect planet to stick around and explore!  :)  I will rummage through all the gross looking purple-grass planets to find earth's prettier cousin!

I'll most certainly be giving this game a try at some point. Once I get something other than my MacBook <.< (seriously, don't get a Mac)

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
I'll definitely buy it day one. I just wish there was more to the ground combat. The space combat seems fine with the different weapon types and various ship options, but when it comes to fighting sentinels on the ground it all seems rather bland to me.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I'll definitely buy it day one. I just wish there was more to the ground combat. The space combat seems fine with the different weapon types and various ship options, but when it comes to fighting sentinels on the ground it all seems rather bland to me.

From what I understand ground combat weapons will be upgradable just like space weapons. From some of the vid's I've see there were several different types of shots being fired at sentinels. Overall though yeah this game... when I get it I can kiss my personal life goodbye :D

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
From what I understand ground combat weapons will be upgradable just like space weapons. From some of the vid's I've see there were several different types of shots being fired at sentinels. Overall though yeah this game... when I get it I can kiss my personal life goodbye :D

Yeah, but that wasn't what I was trying to say exactly. I guess what I really meant by wanting there to be more to ground combat was not just various weaponry, but variations that have a meaningful effect on play style/ strategy. From what I've seen from gameplay videos the types of shots fired only seem to truly be different in the amount of damage they do (you don't see a weapon that has a high fire rate with low damage or vice versa). Because of this, there's not a lot to think about for ground combat in regards to planning, and (I guess what my main concern is) dying will pretty much boil down to "my weapons are just too weak". There's videos of Sentinels going from being nigh invincible, to being killed in a single hit.

With air combat, the weapons talked about seem to solve this problem. Despite flying having arcade flight physics, it seems to have enough going on that someone's skill plays a factor in their success; I just don't see that being the case on the ground.

Now this could be because Hello Games/ Sean Murray want a lot of things to remain a surprise for us, but who knows. Or maybe I missed a video where they showed this. Either way, I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on it.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Well we all know for a fact that a lot of details about the game are quite veiled and that they don't want to spoil or give things away. They're going with show a teaser here and there to stoke that fire we all have in wanting to play the game. I think it's intentionally they they aren't releasing a whole lot of info or details because they want us foaming/drooling at the mouth to play this game.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
It's one of those games I doubt will be able to live up to the hype... but if they manage to, it will be a landmark on the history of gaming. We can only hope.

Charlie

Feb 15, 2016
Auraxis, Amerish
I'm confused whether it's multiplayer or nah. I get that if it is multiplayer it would be near impossible to find another player, I also remember it being compared to Journey in the matter of meeting another player.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
I'm confused whether it's multiplayer or nah. I get that if it is multiplayer it would be near impossible to find another player, I also remember it being compared to Journey in the matter of meeting another player.

Afaik, every player is in the same galaxy but they each have their own lobby in a limited space around them. If you ever meet someone, they will leave that lobby and disappear if they walk too far from you. This means that the effects of multiplayer are limited to changes in the economy via space stations & trading. Last I heard, it will be impossible to harm or grief other players, with the exception of taking out space stations (thus decreasing that stations ability to trade).

And yeah, there are a few similarities to journey (e.g. you won't be able to know who the person you meet is).

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
Apparently the game is going to have NPCs called Korvax who have their own learnable in game language. Knowing the language helps you barter when trading with them and helps you hack their terminals when raiding their bases. They also give out missions where you gather resources for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GRs6c1lrkk