Night Games [Monster Girl Hunter b2]

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Yeah, I played it again and realised exactly the same thing :p  Whoops, my bad. It's been a while, since I never thought this side was still being developed until yesterday.

Hopefully nergantre sees this and thinks about it, though - it applies to his mod. However, since multiple orgasms do not actually exist in this game (I used willpower due to the multiple orgasm thing I kept thinking about), you could scale it to arousal instead. Obviously, it wouldn't have worked with arousal before because of the multiple orgasm thing, but if it's "the first who cums loses", then it can scale with arousal, fills slower than arousal, and persists after the match, recovering slowly while moving around. Cumming by loss reduces it by a fixed % of heat (or all of it if you have the perk "exhibitionist", being rather...used to being nude?). Whereas cleaning yourself up, or cumming by masturbating at the corner without getting caught resets it. 

I was just wondering though, how does the mood changes work? Because I'm afraid I might be touching that particular aspect of the game now. 

Last edited by a moderator:

rotor

Oct 3, 2015
Quick question:is there/will there be any way to take starting traits later on? I assume not, currently.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I was just wondering though, how does the mood changes work? Because I'm afraid I might be touching that particular aspect of the game now. 

Different actions and skills add to each of the different moods. There is also a check at the end of turn that adds mood points for things like current arousal level, position, and state of undress. Each character's personality scales the amount of points added to each mood (for example Angel gains 20% more Horny and 30% less Nervous) The move with the most points is set each combat turn. Outside of combat, it decays quickly (though maybe not quickly enough) back to Confident

Quick question:is there/will there be any way to take starting traits later on? I assume not, currently.

No. I could easily add the starting traits to the feat list when leveling up, but I'd rather keep them separate. This will theoretically encourage players to try different builds and tactics.

I put up a quick poll on my blog for prioritizing future content. I encourage everyone to take a look and vote.

http://www.silverbardgames.com/

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
There's another poll up on my blog. It's less exciting, but at least as important to the future of Night Games

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
There's another poll up on my blog. It's less exciting, but at least as important to the future of Night Games

I think your suggested bonus isn't the right thing.  I think you could do a Patreon, but that's not the right reward.

ferd

Oct 18, 2015

Hi (noo hard feelings) if you want to earn any cash with this game you are late (mod version is out loong ago) as for the future projects you can copy the                                T S  or T Q  creators methode both are succesful

ferd

Oct 18, 2015
I'm open to alternative ideas, but I'm not sure what else I can offer that people would find valuable.

A few idea what the pp find the most valuable (regular update,requested content , the game can be1 hand control ,graphics optional)

A valuable idea for the creator(only time release the sourcecode when you are leaving the project to others)

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Some people have asked me for a list of scenes they can contribute. I've gone ahead and added it on my development blog. Check it out if you're interested.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
The comment section on your blog is being mean to me, so I'll say it here: I would if I could. I tried, actually. But PayPal is a dick about this sort of thing and I shall never partake of the sheer idiocy that is credit cards. Moral support and the occasional few lines of code will have to suffice, for now. Until Patreon adds non-draconian, non-ludicrous options.

Edit: the comment section unblocked me, it seems. Sorry for the double post. 

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Edit: the comment section unblocked me, it seems. Sorry for the double post. 

Yeah, sorry. I have to approve comments before they appear. I get about a half-dozen spambot comments each day, so I need to filter them out.

invalidcharacter

Dec 10, 2015
Just to clarify: is the fact that you're making this move to at least partially turn your endeavour into a financial one changing your stance on modifications of the game?

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Just to clarify: is the fact that you're making this move to at least partially turn your endeavour into a financial one changing your stance on modifications of the game?

No, I already talked to Nergantre about it. Night Games is going to continue to be distributed for free, so I don't see any issues with having the mod too.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
A new update has been released to Patreon backers. It will be publicly available a week from today.

If you want to back me and grab the update right now, you can do so on my Patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/silverbardgames

Changelog:

• Fixed typo in filename of one of Samantha's images
  • Changed trigger for pegging scenes to accommodate Eve
  • Fixed an issue with doublestrip
  • Submissive training now takes time
  • Adjusted the Magic Training scene selection. It's not perfect since the order of learning the skills has changed, but it's better
  • Reduced rate at which Kiss scales with seduction
  • Added Foreplay and Finisher flags to skills. 
  • Foreplay skills do more damage at low arousal
  • Finisher skills do more damage at high arousal
  • Kiss is now flagged as Foreplay
  • Tickle is now flagged as Foreplay if user does not have Tickle Monster perk
  • Fondle Breasts is now flagged as Foreplay if target is not topless
  • Finger and Handjob are now flagged as Finishers
  • Thrust and Piston are now flagged as Finishers
  • Tighten is now flagged as Finisher
  • Added a title screen
  • Implemented some of InvalidCharacter's UI changes
  • Integrated, with some fiddling, dndw's dynamic comment framework
  • Added the comments from the mod that are applicable to the base game (changed a few)
  • NPCs now rank up properly on reaching levels 20 and 30
  • Reduced base exp gain for combat
  • There's now a random chance of original victory/defeat scenes triggering after advanced ones are unlocked
  • Added level requirements and prerequisites to Feats
  • Buffed Leadership feat;
  • New Feat: Tactician, buffs pet evasion
  • Pets now scale slightly with their governing attribute
  • Added a simple system where Items can be temporarily removed until end of battle
  • Strapons are now temporarily removed after use, preventing them from being equipped multiple times in a fight
  • Completely reactored the mess that was Tickle. It's much cleaner, hopefully I didn't break anything
  • Added new Cassie Draw scene. Requires both player and her to be magic users
  • Added new Angel Victory scene
  • Added new Mara daytime scene for magic users

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Ah, if I could pledge on Patreon I would so do that. Too bad Paypal is so anal about sexual content.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
The newest update is now available to everyone. You can get the link off my development blog or from the newest Patreon post.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
A new update has been released to Patreon Subscribers. If you're backing me, head over to my Patreon page to grab it. The public release will be 4/14

Changelog:

• Added the sweet active minimap from the mod
  • Removed the old map since it's kinda obsolete
  • Fixed an issue where ambushes from IllusionTrap did not work
  • Added new advanced attribute: Ninjutsu
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Smoke Bomb
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Steal
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Needle
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Substitute
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Bunshin Assault
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Bunshin Service
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Goodnight Kiss
  • Fixed an issue where Dissolving Traps were not getting removed after triggering
  • Fixed an issue where Shamed was not stacking
  • At Ninjutsu 5 or higher, a couple shortcuts are added between areas
  • At Ninjutsu 9 or higher, a hidden stash will be added to a random area each night where you can resupply
  • Added a hermaphroditic pet to the Fetish skillset, a Fetish Goblin
  • Fixed an issue where opponents' stamina messages where displayed incorrectly between 6 and 8 perception
  • Added in a simple counter to track how long it has been since you visited each girl. I'm not doing much with it other for one of Cassie's threesome scenes.
  • Reward money for Challenges now scales with Rank
  • Added three scenes introducing the Ninjutsu trainer.
  • You can meet the Ninjutsu trainer randomly by exercising if you are at least Rank 1
  • After completing her introduction scenes, she'll give you one free lesson a day, along with some items
  • Fiddled with some GUI stuff. I'm not sure if it's an improvement
  • Increased duration of Braced

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Regarding the last upload (saying it now because I wonder if it might appear in this update):

Angel's ReverseFly seems to be bugged. The game hates it - when it succeeds, the game becomes unplayable, in most cases without descriptive texts and buttons. In the case that buttons are retained, they are unresponsive. It even happens on the mod version, I think - at least, the only crashes I get on the other version tend to be with Angel. I've confirmed it's not a corrupted file on my end (if that's possible), since I've re-downloaded the game.

For now though, I don't know how I can DIY this, since you can't delete wings. Maybe never strip tease in front of her? xD

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Regarding the last upload (saying it now because I wonder if it might appear in this update):

Angel's ReverseFly seems to be bugged. The game hates it - when it succeeds, the game becomes unplayable, in most cases without descriptive texts and buttons. In the case that buttons are retained, they are unresponsive. It even happens on the mod version, I think - at least, the only crashes I get on the other version tend to be with Angel. I've confirmed it's not a corrupted file on my end (if that's possible), since I've re-downloaded the game.

For now though, I don't know how I can DIY this, since you can't delete wings. Maybe never strip tease in front of her? xD

I don't see anything wrong with Fly at a glance, but I'll do some testing. Thanks.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
The newest update introducing the Ninjutsu skillset and Fetish pet is now available to everyone.  You can download it from either my Patreon page or my blog. Check it out. I've also got some news only there regarding upcoming releases, both for Night Games and something new.

Changelog:

• Added the sweet active minimap from the mod
  • Removed the old map since it's kinda obsolete
  • Fixed an issue where ambushes from IllusionTrap did not work
  • Added new advanced attribute: Ninjutsu
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Smoke Bomb
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Steal
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Needle
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Substitute
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Bunshin Assault
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Bunshin Service
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Goodnight Kiss
  • Fixed an issue where Dissolving Traps were not getting removed after triggering
  • Fixed an issue where Shamed was not stacking
  • At Ninjutsu 5 or higher, a couple shortcuts are added between areas
  • At Ninjutsu 9 or higher, a hidden stash will be added to a random area each night where you can resupply
  • Added a hermaphroditic pet to the Fetish skillset, a Fetish Goblin
  • Fixed an issue where opponents' stamina messages where displayed incorrectly between 6 and 8 perception
  • Added in a simple counter to track how long it has been since you visited each girl. I'm not doing much with it other than for one of Cassie's threesome scenes.
  • Reward money for Challenges now scales with Rank
  • Added three scenes introducing the Ninjutsu trainer.
  • You can meet the Ninjutsu trainer randomly by exercising if you are at least Rank 1
  • After completing her introduction scenes, she'll give you one free lesson a day, along with some items
  • Fiddled with some GUI stuff. I'm not sure if it's an improvement
  • Increased duration of Braced
  • Maya's level now scales properly between matches

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I posted a small update with some bugfixes and balance changes

Changelog:

Characters with the Exhibitionist trait will trend towards horny when running around naked instead of nervous
Shameful display is more effective if opponent has dominant mood
Beg is more likely to succeed if opponent has dominant mood
Beg and Purr always miss against opponents that are angry or desperate
Maya's hypnosis skills can now be used if target is Enthralled
Fixed crash associated with clothing change UI
Fixed issue where portraits were not displaying properly

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Hey Bard? Were you going to create a combatant who uses the new skill set? I was thinking if you were, you could probably make it the first official male fighter, a slim male ninja would be awesome.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Hey Bard? Were you going to create a combatant who uses the new skill set? I was thinking if you were, you could probably make it the first official male fighter, a slim male ninja would be awesome.

I'm actually planning to add Yui as a contestant. I just finished her skill set before the rest of her.

I'm fine with adding male combatants, but I don't have any experience or inclination in writing M/M sex scenes. I'll be relying on contributions from other writers for male characters.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
I hope that the male contestants you add in are optional. I mean, I'm all for seeing the option, but at the same time, it's not something I personally want, if I'll be honest.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I hope that the male contestants you add in are optional. I mean, I'm all for seeing the option, but at the same time, it's not something I personally want, if I'll be honest.

All additional contestants are optional, that's why I require you to buy them from Aesop before they appear, so that players can choose which characters they want to be in their game. The only one I violated this rule for was Maya, but since she only shows up once a month, you could easily just skip that night and not have to deal with her.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
This is a delightful game, and I'm not sure why I haven't heard more about it until now. I look forward to its development, and I was more than happy to contribute to your Patreon. You have a pretty clever setup here for modularity on top of an already good premise. Here's to hoping this game grows in popularity.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
The Patron release for the new update is out. It's a bit smaller than planned, but has some interesting stuff. If you are a supporter, you can grab it from my Patreon page. If you are not a supporter, please check out my blog anyway. I posted descriptions for some of my upcoming projects and a poll for which game you want to see developed next.

http://www.silverbardgames.com/

Changelog:

Fixed an issue where Attribute modifiers from clothing would permanently affect saves
Added a trap priority system so Alarms and Decoys will not cover up other traps in the same area
Added a warning when prompting for a fight if other characters are in the area
Statuses are automatically removed if their magnitude is modified to 0
Changed some skill categories to account for new category: preparation
Mara gains a specialization skillset at Rank 4, Temporal Manipulation
New Temporal skill: WindUp
New Temporal skill: Haste
New Temporal skill: Cheap Shot
New Temporal skill: Emergency Jump
New Temporal skill: Attire Shift
New Temporal skill: Unstrip
New Temporal skill: Rewind
New Mara penetration victory scene by GruntledDev
Skill buttons are reorganized, also by GruntledDev
Redesigned the automatic events system to allow for more interesting scripting
Added option for alternate color scheme.
The Text color won't change immediately when switching schemes, but it will catch up
New Samantha pegging victory scene by Jotor
New Samantha draw scene by Jotor
Maya's scenes when you attempt to doubleteam her were reversed, fixed it
New Cassie/Mara threesome scene