Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Community Corruption of Champions Release Thread
11-05-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Community Corruption of Champions Release Thread
@Mizu0025
The cause of the bug was an extremely mundane failure to create a cock with a particular type. So when you drank the potion as a female and it created a cock, it couldn't find the appropriate descriptors and BOOM, silly error message.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
(11-04-2013 05:54 PM)TheDarkMaster Wrote:  That mode would screw with the story, as there are several scenes that assume you have plenty of mundane food. You'd also need to enable mundane food items for the PC to actually eat, while you don't randomly find them, the lore is quite clear that TF items are not the only source of food available in the world, and many of the TF items can be prepared such that they lose their TF items (like cooking canine peppers).

Scenes assume that things are available if the scene requires them to be, that's neither here nor there. It'd be a piece of piss to have Whitney sell bread or whatever, and of course the bakery in Tel'Adre exists, so "mundane" food wouldn't be a huge issue. The "lore" a.k.a. your secret head canon is stretchy as all hell anyway. Of course the point of the mode would be the player would be forced to eat TF items if they weren't making enough money through adventuring- I think some players would enjoy that impetus being behind them, to have the game a bit more challenging/forceful. Certainly in my opinion the game doesn't need to be any easier than it is currently.

Quote:Something like this would be possible but it would be awhile till we could tackle it. A lot of the work currently is more akin to laying down a foundation that will allow us to more easily build features in like this.

I appreciate that, thanks. I don't know the first thing about coding but I could easily do any legwork you needed. You guys are doing great work, thanks for wading into it.
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Half of the TF items wouldn't be terribly nurishing anyway.

My content discussion and a summary of my writing efforts is in this thread.

Writing and Coding commission status: OPEN - three slots
Commission info here.
11-05-2013, 06:08 PM
^
True. Can't see how the fox jewels can count as food. Any of the milk items could though...and of course, there's always imp food Smile
11-05-2013, 06:22 PM
let's see actual food items in this game. ..... imp food is a sandwich... that and the ham sandwich from lottie's silly mood.

____-------__---___---______-----___---___----__----
Wrong is personal not inherent.
[Image: 26.jpg]
11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
What about the fish sandwich you get from the fish 'n fuck girl?
11-06-2013, 01:19 AM
i forgot about her.

____-------__---___---______-----___---___----__----
Wrong is personal not inherent.
[Image: 26.jpg]
11-06-2013, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 04:02 AM by Mizu0025.)
Found another bug. When you lose-by-lust to a kitsune (for me it was the blonde one, might apply to red/black though) and they tail-fuck you, if you're a virgin you...remain so. Which is odd, as the scene mentions the tail going into your vagina. Think I found this bug in official CoC too...

EDIT:
Bug #2 for this post:

Congratulations, you've found a bug!
Error: Unknown event!

Please report that you had an issue with code: "0" to fake-name on the forums or better yet, file a bug report on github:
https://github.com/herp-a-derp/Corruption-of-Champions
Please try to include the details of what you were doing when you encountered this bug to make tracking the issue down easier. Thanks!
All I was doing was going to the explore menu and that popped up. After it, I ended up facing an Imp Lord (those are mountain enemies, right?), but I think I clicked the forest before (I was going through the menu quickly using the shortcut keys - was trying to farm an item).

EDIT #3:
Triggered the bug again. I was going to the mountains this time, and it didn't respond when I clicked the mountains button once. The second time gave the bug, then sent me to an encounter scene with an imp lord. Seem's like the Imp Lord intro is missing?
11-06-2013, 12:34 PM
(11-04-2013 06:19 AM)Nonesuch Wrote:  Might I suggest a Hardcore option?

*The PC has to eat each day or lose HP/random stat point
*Amount of HP gained from rest halved
*Merchants no longer buy 3 gem items ("Why the ever living fuck would I want imp food?")
*Stats capped at 80 unless PC gains specific TFs
*New Game Plus disabled

Or is that a bit beyond your purview?

That doesn't really sound like it's more "hardcore," it just sounds more tedious. Stat-capping sort of makes sense, I guess, and I could see that being implemented... but there are already perks like... gah, what's the one? Well, there's at least one I know of that only works if you're feline or what have you, so things like that are already in there.

As for disabling NewGame+, you could always just start a New Game rather than go NewGame+, if you want to do that.
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM
^
You're thinking of Flexibility Smile
Speaking of TF perks, could we lower the requirements to be considered certain species (eg; catgirl/boy only requiring ears+tail)?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Corruption of Champions: Text Dump Hobgoblin 1 758 03-02-2014 02:16 AM
Last Post: Jak743
  Corruption of Champions wiki depressed me wadarkhu 41 13,527 01-09-2014 10:47 AM
Last Post: mrttao
  Community CoC Technical Thread Yoffy 80 11,115 01-08-2014 07:03 PM
Last Post: fake-name
  Corruption of Champions built in Minecraft? Aloque 10 2,458 11-03-2013 03:42 PM
Last Post: Aloque
Music Music to play with Corruption of Champions wadarkhu 22 6,667 08-27-2013 12:08 AM
Last Post: JDeko

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)