Thread Rating:
  • 18 Votes - 4.56 Average
CoCEd - A savegame editor
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 10:24 PM by Perdev.)
CoCEd - A savegame editor
[Image: CoCEd1.png]
More screenshots on SourceForge

Introduction
The existing editor was no longer maintained and since it was closed source it was not possible for anyone but the author to update it. This new editor, however, is up-to-date, open source (BSD license) and offers more features than the previous one. Finally, even if I were to lose interest in CoC, anybody can add new perks and such without programming skills: just edit the xml file in a basic text editor (not a word processor).

Download and installation
1) Download it from Sourceforge: CoCEd.
2) If you do use Windows XP install the Microsoft dotnet framework 4.0.
3) Extract all files from the archive to any folder you want. Then double-click the exe, no installation needed.
4) Enjoy! Smile

Compatibility
* Requires at least Windows XP (which means it also work with Vista, Seven and W8 of course).
* Not compatible with OSX and Linux, even with Wine and Mono. Sorry.

Report bugs
Bug reports are invaluable to us. Two thirds of the bugs that have been fixed so far were reported by users. Please never assume that we are already aware of your problem. So just write a post here (recommended) or send me a PM. Or any other way that suits you.

Want to contribute?
As every good open-source project, fresh blood is always wanted. Even non-programmers can help by updating the XML file in a text editor (it contains all game data such as perks, items, hair types, etc). Follow our guide to SourceForge and SVN.

Contributors
Bobbaganoosh
TheMadExile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 07:17 PM by Fenoxo.)
RE: CoCEd - A savegame editor
(04-28-2013 07:28 PM)Perdev Wrote:  Redacted due to being full of old info that isn't relevant.

The UI for this new editor looks great, but I wasn't able to get it to work. I DL'd it, unzipped it in different locations but dclicking the .exe didn't do anything. Suggestions?
04-28-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 10:20 PM by Perdev.)
(04-28-2013 08:29 PM)tjh Wrote:  The UI for this new editor looks great, but I wasn't able to get it to work. I DL'd it, unzipped it in different locations but dclicking the .exe didn't do anything. Suggestions?
It didn't do anything? No error message, etc?

Try install the dotnet 4.5 framework (the link is provided in the first post). What is your OS version please?

EDIT: I double-checked and Windows XP is actually not supported: there is no v4.5 of the dotnet framework for it. I guess this was the problem?
As for Vista, the v4.5 must be downloaded. W7 and W8 are fine though as they already include it.

EDIT: I was able to downgrade to v4.0, so XP users will be able to use it. Just make sure to download the v4.0 of the dotnet framework. Vista, W7 and W8 users do not have anything to do. The original post has been updated accordingly with the new links.

PS: Could you please remove the long quote? It contains informations that will be more and more outdated, and it hurts readability.
04-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Just downloaded the program and it is AWESOME ...thank you I got to make the custom character I have always wanted.

[Image: 13.jpg]
04-28-2013, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 11:37 PM by Solforward.)
Signed up to say thank you for spending the time and effort Smile

However, I have windows 7 and I have the same issue as tjh. Extracted to it's own folder and attempting to run the application does nothing. (I also have framework 4.0 because it just offers to repair).

Edit 1 - Ah, I just downloaded from the one at this forum, the download from Sourceforge doesn't have the config file. Works now.
04-29-2013, 12:10 AM
When I try running it I get an error System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null

[Image: 8.jpg]
04-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Same as Deimos. It also came with a crap-ton of other things but since you can't select the words it would take too long. I have Windows 7 if that helps.

[Image: 21.jpg]
04-29-2013, 03:13 AM
The new file version is working. The first one I DL'd didn't have the config, and this one does. Great editor, thanks for putting this together and patching it so quickly!
04-29-2013, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 06:17 AM by Perdev.)
Hello everyone and thank you all for your feedback. Smile

So the silent failure problem is fixed for everyone? It's good to hear!

(04-29-2013 12:10 AM)Deimos Wrote:  When I try running it I get an error System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null
(04-29-2013 01:52 AM)Crimson13 Wrote:  Same as Deimos. It also came with a crap-ton of other things but since you can't select the words it would take too long. I have Windows 7 if that helps.
Could any of you either provide me their savegame or a screenshot of the "crap-ton of things" displayed? Because ArgumentNullException itself does not allow me to know where the problem comes from.

PS: In the next version I will make CoCEd dump a text file with the error.
04-29-2013, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 06:33 AM by Kawa.)
I do not have Google Chrome installed and only ever play CoC locally. FilesVM.LoadFiles() presumes otherwise. You really should put some checks in there.

Edit:
Quote:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at CoCEd.ViewModel.FilesVM.LoadFiles() in e:\SVN\apps\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\FilesVM.cs:line 78
at CoCEd.App.Initialize() in e:\SVN\apps\CoCEd\CoCEd\App.xaml.cs:line 69
I know it's because of online play in Chrome because I looked. And you really don't need a textfile dump -- depending on where you run from and where you try to write the dump to, you might not even be able to do so. But Ctrl-C works wonders on message boxes.

Noxico - erotic roguelikeforumtumblrtwitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CocED and Android MASH_1992 3 488 08-30-2014 01:14 AM
Last Post: MASH_1992
  vers. 0.8.3D4 and CoCed? Groundshaker 2 743 04-01-2014 10:58 PM
Last Post: Groundshaker
  Nimin savegame editing VsAl1en 0 5,758 11-29-2012 12:30 AM
Last Post: VsAl1en
  Savegame compatibility question Archaon 10 3,000 11-11-2011 03:07 PM
Last Post: Billy Quills

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)