Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TiTs A Gameplay Post
01-19-2013, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013 07:07 PM by Lowlightt.)
TiTs A Gameplay Post
TiTs

Forward

This is story and features that should make it into TITS because well they sound like the right way to do it.

Feature 1 Map Areas

CoC

In coc one has a base camp and explorers out from it. Not really much to it just a few simple explore clicks you have most of the areas unlocked. This lead to hiccups and leveling problems so I think we should look at it in a different way.

TiTs

3-ways

A separation of the world map into 3 layers.

Layer 1 is the world map in most games in TiTs it will be Top Level. From here you can travel to static zones like say a Trade Satellite or the such. It is also from here that Story Quest Zones are reached - (more on that later)

Layer 2 is the Solar Map, this is the map layer the players on for the most part. While the top layer leads to static zones this leads to Leveled Random Zones ie planets. Layer 2 will allow the player to visit specific areas of randomness. Think Explore Asteroid Belt, Explore Planet, Explore Nebula. When clicking on these the engine will make a random area which brings us into layer 3

Layer 3 will be the actual explored place. Each area will have a Explore option and a Gathering Option. Gathering will allow you to collect random items usually 2-3 that are associated with the random area. Gathering eats up time which in turn eats up fuel. The player can only be in an area as long as his/her fuel holds out. Thus one has to decided between gathering for items or exploring. Exploring will cause random encounters with leveled enemies which will in turn lead to a boss fight if you can be lucky enough to roll it. The boss fight will of course give a large payout in the form of a bounty trade in.

Random Planets

1-3 monsters leveled to player Player level +/- 2 levels
1 Boss monster associated with 1 of the 1-3 monsters
Boss monsters are leveled X levels above the player and are given a Random Name (Aka "Barax the Impossible")
Gathering Produces Items

Story Quests
Story Quests become available when certain events happen or levels are reached ect. These get unlocked on the top menu and involve basically a scripted adventure think dungeons in CoC.

(Note if we can make the game a bit modular fan quests can be added here)

Transformations

CoC Transformations are entirely up to the player. This is both cool and bad. Theres lots of guess work involved and lots and lots of save scumming. So I feel a different approach is necessary.

1. Lose Events

In loss events the player should be forced into a transformation sometimes multiple if they fail to escape during escape events.

2. Control Of transformation
Allow the player to control what transformations they want

3. Integration into Combat
Give better integration into combat

Pretty Simple

First off is Step 2 Control of transformations.

To do this we simply have to believe in the future. The way I in-vision it is that defeating an opponent allows you to take a dna sample. Using this dna sample and a DNA conversion unit (located on your ship) you can use the dna to alter specific parts of your body allowing you to control the transformations. Your scanner can only hold so much dna (but you can buy upgrades for it) Certain transformations require more and more dna. Also because again this is in the future the dna scanner has the your original human DNA on record for forcing transformations back to human (Though this requires non human dna samples to extrapolate raw dna from to make it AKA you will need lots of dna samples to make 1 human dna sample)

This moves right into party 3

I believe since we have control of the transformations that we should make them more important in combat. As such we should separate them into armor slots in a way

-Head-

Face - Effects Changes to the face (such as feline or dog faces)

Edit: Crisis21
Ears - Effects ears duh

Scalp - Effects changes to the top of the head (including horns top head ears like rabbits and cats)

Hair - Effects hair color, length, and or lack of.

Mouth - Effects mouth characteristics (such as snake teeth, (note longated snouts are part of "FACE" and not mouth)

-Upper Body-
Breasts - Effects your tits and and nipples

Arms - Effects your arms (includes super human str and claws)

Edit - Lowlightt
Shoulder - Effects your back and wings

-Lower Body-

Butt - Effects the but and anything that would be attached to it like bee stingers or spider web sacks.

Nether - Effects you man/woman parts

Legs - Effects the size and shape of your legs including non leg transformations like for instance tentacles, ooze, lamia.

-Miscellaneous-

Skin - effects skin color and hardness and fur growth (ie lizard transformations aimed at the skin may grow scales that increase defense)

[Iddy]
{Mentality} Racial Instincts - DNA changes here can effect how you think giving you the mentality of a cat or lizard or what have you (these can give increases in lust apply heat, give super human reflexes and many other things)

We can always add more as we need them but these give the player control over transformations. Players can shoot for custom character builds and such.

Which brings us to Step 1. Since the player can choose freely what transformations they want then I thought allowing the game to force transformations on losses would help balance this system. Maybe you created your dragon toon and then lose a match and now have a cow face. Now you have to go grind out that cow face back into a dragon one.

This feature will force players to constantly be collecting dna and tweaking there character. As such a single line of code can enable or disable the forced transformations anyway so why not give them the choice. Think of it as easy mode.

Factions

CoC is a fish out of water story ie your character has no idea whats going on and learns as you learn. This story is a bit different. So the addition of factions will be a nice change.

3 Factions

1. Police/Military Faction

2. Adventure/Mercenary Faction

3. Pirate/Slaver Faction

Factions provide story and roleplaying for the character.

Police arrest criminals

Mercenaries and adventures help out homesteads on planets

Pirates/Slavers take hostages and sell them for money

All of them can have faction quests that can be added over time and add that extra hint of roleplay that the games been missing.

Miscellaneous Additions

Clothes

Chameleon Circuit Clothes

Clothes using advanced technology can change to what ever you need them to be. But you need to download (aka buy) different designs and or outfits. Want to be a french maid? Go to the store and buy the outfit download. Makes since and keeps the game futuristic.

Combat On Loss

Being knocked out and left after being raped makes since in CoC to a degree. But in TiTs maybe not so much. So instead of being left alone and waking up later. When you are defeated you are captured which leads into the captured scene.

Captured Scene

In the captured scene you can and will be raped, transformed, and all other sorts of nastiness.

Different Kinds of Attributes will help you escape from different scenes. Each turn your given the choice of giving in or escaping or resisting.

Escaping makes a stat check against the escape check if successful you escape if you fail you lose a bit of willpower.

Give in reduces the escape check by a medium amount but makes you lose a medium amount of will power.

Resisting reduces the escape check by a small amount but makes you lose a small amount of will power.

If you lose all willpower you get a bad ending, if you escape you get an escape message and make it back to your ship.

You can of course make the game difficulty effect the escape check number. Or allow players on debug or easy mode to auto escape.

Tell me what you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: TiTs A Gameplay Post
(01-19-2013 12:13 PM)Lowlightt Wrote:  I believe since we have control of the transformations that we should make them more important in combat. As such we should separate them into armor slots in a way

-Head-

Scalp - Effects changes to the top of the head (including horns top head ears like rabbits and cats)

Mouth - Effects mouth characteristics (such as snake teeth, (note longated snouts are part of "FACE" and not mouth)

-Upper Body-

-Lower Body-

Butt - Effects the but and anything that would be attached to it like bee stingers or spider web sacks.

Legs - Effects the size and shape of your legs including non leg transformations like for instance tentacles, ooze, lamia.

-Miscellaneous-

Skin - effects skin color and hardness and fur growth (ie lizard transformations aimed at the skin may grow scales that increase defense)

Mentality - DNA changes here can effect how you think giving you the mentality of a cat or lizard or what have you (these can give increases in lust apply heat, give super human reflexes and many other things)

We can always add more as we need them but these give the player control over transformations. Players can shoot for custom character builds and such.

Okay, I think you left out a few slots.

Face is fine. Leave as-is.

Scalp - I think Ears should be a separate slot rather than share space with horn TFs. Leave 'Scalp' to just be the horn/antennae slot.

Hair - Hair can be handled like it is in CoC just fine, so no change here.

Mouth - I like the addition of this. Maybe separate it into 'Tongue' and 'Teeth' sub slots as well.

Breasts are fine as-is.

Arms look good, but super-strength may be better off as a perk and not a TF.

Butt looks fine.

Tail seems to have been forgotten here.

Nether needs to be separated into Cocks, Balls, Vaginas, and Clitorises as there will be players who want herm characters and want to transform each of these areas independent of the others.

Legs, and things that replace legs, looks fine.

Skin looks good.

Mentality... What will this even do in terms of gameplay? Remember that player decisions are paramount and forcing a mentality may be detrimental to the game. Maybe have it affect dreams and present extra options in certain scenarios?

[Image: 8.jpg]
This is rather interesting to know about myself.
01-19-2013, 04:21 PM
(01-19-2013 12:48 PM)Crisis21 Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 12:13 PM)Lowlightt Wrote:  I believe since we have control of the transformations that we should make them more important in combat. As such we should separate them into armor slots in a way

-Head-

-Upper Body-

-Lower Body-

-Miscellaneous-

Mentality - DNA changes here can effect how you think giving you the mentality of a cat or lizard or what have you (these can give increases in lust apply heat, give super human reflexes and many other things)

Okay, I think you left out a few slots.

Face is fine. Leave as-is.

Scalp - I think Ears should be a separate slot rather than share space with horn TFs. Leave 'Scalp' to just be the horn/antennae slot.

Hair - Hair can be handled like it is in CoC just fine, so no change here.

Mouth - I like the addition of this. Maybe separate it into 'Tongue' and 'Teeth' sub slots as well.

Breasts are fine as-is.

Arms look good, but super-strength may be better off as a perk and not a TF.

Butt looks fine.

Tail seems to have been forgotten here.

Nether needs to be separated into Cocks, Balls, Vaginas, and Clitorises as there will be players who want herm characters and want to transform each of these areas independent of the others.

Legs, and things that replace legs, looks fine.

Skin looks good.

Mentality... What will this even do in terms of gameplay? Remember that player decisions are paramount and forcing a mentality may be detrimental to the game. Maybe have it affect dreams and present extra options in certain scenarios?

Yep I agree Ears should be added and separated.

The reason tail isn't included is because I placed it on the butt location.

Mentality in terms of gameplay will effect mainly combat rather than story or scene. I figured for instance cat mentality would give the character faster reflexes but with a negative such as easily distracted. The idea is about both controlling transformations but also integrating them into combat more.

Lets take a dragon morph for instance.

Scalp gives horns which gives you a gore option or a defense boost.

Skin would for instance give you dragon scales which increase player defense

Dragon arms would allow you to get dragon claws which gives you a special attack. Or you could get dragon str instead which doesn't give you the claws but dragon arm str. This for instance for gameplay balance reasons.

Dragon Mentality would for instance gives you dragon Rage. Which increases dmg as your rage goes higher aka you take more dmg so dmg increase as your health decreases.

Maybe not called mentality. This is of course a giant list of suggestions so lets discuss this and figure it out.
01-19-2013, 04:32 PM
(01-19-2013 12:13 PM)Lowlightt Wrote:  Maybe not called mentality. This is of course a giant list of suggestions so lets discuss this and figure it out.

How about something like Racial Instincts or Racial Traits? What you described is more in-line with that. Dragon Rage and Feline Reflexes are more biological influences on thought processes rather than straight mental influence, as you described.
01-19-2013, 04:36 PM
(01-19-2013 04:32 PM)Iddy Wrote:  
(01-19-2013 12:13 PM)Lowlightt Wrote:  Maybe not called mentality. This is of course a giant list of suggestions so lets discuss this and figure it out.

How about something like Racial Instincts or Racial Traits? What you described is more in-line with that. Dragon Rage and Feline Reflexes are more biological influences on thought processes rather than straight mental influence, as you described.

Good call that does sound better.
01-19-2013, 06:29 PM
What you mean by mental is what the character thinks of themselves racially with that, right? So a mentally human character thinks of themselves as human, and a mental dog-morph thinks of themselves as a dog-morph.

My content discussion and a summary of my writing efforts is in this thread.

Writing and Coding commission status: OPEN - two slots
Commission info here.
01-19-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013 07:13 PM by Lowlightt.)
(01-19-2013 06:29 PM)TheDarkMaster Wrote:  What you mean by mental is what the character thinks of themselves racially with that, right? So a mentally human character thinks of themselves as human, and a mental dog-morph thinks of themselves as a dog-morph.

In a way. I was thinking blunt personality types associated with a specific race + a combat bonus and malus.

Dragons get angry
Rabbits are timid

Think personality say a full human character but with a cat mentality/ racial will have cat ticks but still be a human body.

Also edit
Forgot to add shoulder slot for wings.

The combat perk side of it would

Dragons get angry
As dragons take dmg there dmg goes up while there defense goes down.

Rabbits are Timid
Rabbit mentality deal less damage but have higher evasion.
01-19-2013, 09:30 PM
(01-19-2013 07:06 PM)Lowlightt Wrote:  Rabbits are Timid
Rabbit mentality deal less damage but have higher evasion.

You've never dealt with wild rabbits before, have you?

[Image: 8.jpg]
This is rather interesting to know about myself.
01-20-2013, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 06:07 AM by HegemonKhan.)
my two cents:

Scope:

first it depends on the ambition of Foxono, just how big is this game going to be? Limited solely to a huge spaceship or space station, or will it be an entire "world" of space exploration, with a spaceship, space stations, and even entire alien planets to visit and explore.

Factions:

Slaves, Pirates, Nobility, "Federation Police", Traders, "Religious Cults", etc

Races:

Humans, Human-like Aliens, Beast-Mutant Aliens, Plant-like Aliens, Machines, etc

Equipment (Armors, Clothing, and~ Jewelry) Slots:

(likely not for this game, but just putting it here for comparison to the body slots, and ideas. this is more for fantasy~medieval games)

(including ~3 layer levels: 0-skin-ex.jewelry/tattoos/piercings, 1-underware-ex.bra, 2-normalwear-ex.shirt, 3-armors/outerwear-ex.coats)

Head (helmet, hat, and etc), Face (masks, glasses, etc), Neck (necklaces and etc), Ears (Earrings and etc), shoulders (Pauldrons and etc), arms (vambraces and etc), hands (gloves, guantlets, and etc), fingers (rings and etc), feft hand (shield or weapon), right hand (weapon), Chest (body armor; plates, mails, cuirasses, shirts, and etc), Back (cape, cloak, and etc), Waist (Tassets, Fraulds, pants, and etc), Legs (grieves and etc), Feet (shoes, boots, and etc)

Body Slots:

Face (type), Tongue (type, color, and length), Eyes (type and color), ~Teeth (type and attack ability), Ears (type), Head (type), Horns (type and quantity), Hair (color, length, type/style), Tail (type, length, and attack ability), Chest (breasts), Lions (type, length, width, size, wetness, quantity, etc), Hands (type and claws attack ability), Butt (size and hardness/softness, Wings (type and size), Feet (type, claws or kick-hooved attack ability) Legs (type and~or quantity; bipedal-upright-two-man vs quadripedal-all fours-horse), Body (type), etc

Racial Affinities/Aversions (like Nimin's Fetishes): ...

Racial Bonuses (like in Nimin): ...

Fetishes/Sexual Interests (same as Nimin's Fetishes): ...

"Spells and Magic": Technology, Mind Control, and etc

Attributes (I'm thinking it should be a bit like fallout games, as it has similar setting: sex and sci-fi-technology, lol):

Str, End, Agi, Perception, Luck, Lust, Corruption (I presume?, or not in this game?), Int, Spd, Repair, Science, Chemistry, Computers, Biology, Engineering, and etc.

can't think of anything else at the moment.. so I'll leave it at this.
01-20-2013, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 05:07 PM by n666.)
i'd add this to HegemonKhan list:

combat.
either depending on you ship eqipment 8shiels, armor, cannons, laser, rockets,...) or depending on you equipment(sword, blaster, gun,...)

factions:
rebels and well regular people

races:
Human like (humans, "elves", asari, plant-people, ...)
anthro (cow morphs, dog morphs, etc.)
beast like (tentacle beasts, psychic slugs, random crazy stuff)
robotic (cyborgs, ...)
mutants (mixes of all)

body parts:
chest (breast, nippels, amount, type)
head (antenna) but could be part of the horn slot
genitals (dick(lenght, with, type, amount), balls(amount, size, type?), vagina(amount, size, type)),etc
belly (type) for stuff like kangaroo pouch, udder, bellybutton

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)