Thread Rating:
  • 24 Votes - 4.46 Average
"Last Ember of Hope", a Dragon Follower for CoC (Done!)
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 04:57 AM by Quiet Browser.)
"Last Ember of Hope", a Dragon Follower for CoC (Done!)
After a surprisingly convulated route, an idea I hesitantly suggested about a dragon's egg that the PC could hatch to create a follower actually got the greenlight from Fenoxo. So, here I am, ready to begin working on it. Now, if I only knew where to start...

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to list up the core scenes proposed for Ember, or Ember's basic draft for a default form, now would it?

For those of you wondering; yes, I do still intend to create the option to nourish the egg in such a way that it causes Ember to hatch as a Cowgirl-Dragon, or a Shark-Dragon, or a Goblin-Dragon, or whatever. However, I wish to focus on the core stuff, the stuff that will need to be done anyway, before I go back and make an "expansion pack" out of each of the racial TFs, okay?

::Edit::
For people who would like to see the completed Ember without having to read the entire topic, follow this Google Doc here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/13fse...zxCwc/edit

Ember is standing before you. It/he/she/shi is a 7' 3" tall dragonmorph, with slender limbs and a lean build. Its legs resemble those of a mighty theropod, powerful and strong, ending in reptilian paws with prominent talons meant for ripping at the ground. scaly dragon wings flare out from its back, looking like the wings of a pteranodon, and a long, scaly, flexible tail lashes behind it. Its head is a short, narrow, reptilian muzzle, with an abundance of sharp, curved, serrated teeth that look almost like knives. A long, thin tongue with a somewhat fleshy tip occasionally slips from between its jaws, flickering out to varying lengths as it tastes the air; sometimes stretching down to Ember's crotch. Eyes at once solemn and lighthearted, with black sclera, slit pupils and purple irises, glitter even when in shadow.

Ember is covered from head to toe in prominent, shield-shaped scales, colored in a brilliant pattern of reds, oranges, pinks and purples that make you think of a dawn sky. These scales are large and prominent on Ember's back and the exterior of its limbs, but, on its face, the interior of its limbs and the front of its body, they are very small and fine, so that touching them feels smooth and silken, like a python. The exposed flesh of Ember's body, though, is dark blue, and you wonder if this means Ember's blood is also blue.

Ember has a large pair of jet-black horns that curve around and forward from either temple, while ridged, vicious-looking spikes adorn the upper side of the final third of its tail.

(If Ember has breasts): Situated upon her chest are a pair of (breastsize) scaly breasts, with dark blue nipples peeking out at the tips. Ember happily lets them jiggle slightly in the wind when she sees you looking at them.

(If Ember has a penis): Hanging from its crotch, where it emerges from a slit leading to the interior of its pelvic cavity, is a (cocksize) dark blue penis with a shape unlike any other that you've seen so far in this realm. The head is rounded and elongated, while the body has a series of ridges, evenly spaced and so prominent as to give it an almost segmented appearance, leading to Ember's body, where it culminates in a solid, girthy knot. Hanging below it are a pair of (ballsize) testicles, which look heavy with cum. As if embarrassed that you are staring at them, Ember pulls them inside his pelvic slit.

(If Ember has a vagina): The scales in between Ember's legs are particularly smooth and fine, and part just enough to reveal the dark blue lips of her slick pussy.

(If Ember is genderless): Ember's crotch is covered in particularly thick, heavy scales. It has no sign of any gender, male or female, that you can see.

Finding the Egg
- Leaving The Egg
- Destroying The Egg
- Taking The Egg
Vanilla Examine The Egg
Examine The Egg with Lust/Item
Apply Item
Item is Rejected
Masturbate Onto Egg
- Male
- Female
- Herm
Egg Hatches
Dialogue
Sex
- Get Oral (Male/Female/Herm PC)
- Give Oral (Any Ember)
- Get Anal (Male/Herm/Genderless PC)
- Give Anal (Male/Herm Ember)
- Get Vaginal (Female/Herm PC, Male/Herm Ember)
- Give Vaginal (Male/Herm PC, Female/Herm Ember)
Player gives birth to Ember's child
- Egglaying Variant
Ember gives birth to player's child
- Egglaying Variant
Suckling from lactating Ember
Getting bottled milk from Ember
Drinking Dragon's Milk
Ember Lays Dragon Eggs
Eating Dragon Eggs
Bad End - Unleash The Scourge

Edit:
Okay, LukaDoc advised me to do this, so here I am. This topic has undergone a lot of work thanks to many generous and talented co-writers, most predominantly LukaDoc and TheDarkMaster. There's a lot of Ember-related material to come, most certainly hir Pure and Corrupt play-throughs, but from a technical viewpoint this project is complete. So this topic is shutting down; Pure and Corrupt Ember, like the Emberquest and Hybrid Embers, will be started in their own unique topics to come.

I would like to erect a topic to display the material that has been presented to Fenoxo for you forumites to read, and I'd also like to establish a topic where you can ask any Ember-related questions (for example, "what makes Ember lay eggs?" or "how do you get Pure Ember and not Tainted Ember?"), but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Re: "Last Ember of Hope", a Dragon Follower for CoC
I thought she was going to be more monster-girl like, since Fen doesn't seem to like anthro dragons.

Karima Doc
Lucy the Harpy Doc
11-20-2011, 07:52 PM
If Fenoxo specifically asks me to change that, then I will do so. He never said anything to me about that, so I went with the "furry" assumption, given so many of the other critters are that way.

Besides, anthro makes it easier for me to pull off the hybrid forms when they get done.
11-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Anyway, while I'm still not entirely sure where to begin, I figured starting at the beginning with the first scene couldn't hurt, yeah?

Finding the Egg:
Your travels take you into one particular cave, where you trip over an unseen dip in the stone floor. As you stumble, you strive to catch yourself on a protruding rock from the wall, only to fall painfully through it - the wall is some kind of illusion, concealing a large chamber beyond. Shaking your head to regain your wits, you examine the area in which you find yourself. It looks just like any other cave... save for the massive chunk of lethicite that has been abandoned on the floor, and a shallow depression that seems to have been clawed into the rock. Sitting in that depression is a huge egg, easily three feet tall and two feet around. Its shell is solid and a strange white-silver color, that vaguely reminds you of unblemished steel - or perhaps crystal is a better comparison.

Struggling to your feet, you unthinkingly pocket the lethicite - better in your hands than in some demon's, after all.

(You have gained a large chunk of lethicite, good for three uses.)

Curiously, you approach the egg. When you draw near, you have the strangest feeling inside, a deep-centered inexplicable knowledge that the egg is still alive, even though it seems to have been abandoned to this cool, empty corner of the caverns. It's almost like a voice in the back of your head is exhorting you to take the egg with you back to camp. At the thought, another mental voice starts to whisper to you, deep and dark and seductive, enticing you to shatter this unnatural egg.

What do you do?

[=Leave=]
Shaking your head, you turn around and, after some uncertain starts, manage to walk out of the hidden cavern again. You want nothing to do with something as clearly magic-soaked as this.

(You can restart this quest by randomly encountering this chamber again. It continues to reappear until you either Smash or Take the egg.)

[=Smash=]
(If wielding a weapon) Gripping your weapon tightly/(if unarmed) Clenching your fists as tightly as possible, you rain down blow after blow upon the egg's head. It is clearly tough, but it quickly shatters apart, spilling a wave of egg white across your (feetdescript) and leaving a great pulpy mass of weirdly bluish-red yolk spattered amidst the shattered shell. You almost think you hear, at the edge of your hearing, two faint, ghostly wails; one of despair, the other of fury. You know instinctively that you have just ended an innocent life, perhaps the last of its kind.

(Gain 10 Corruption)

With nothing else in the cave, you prepare to leave, but find yourself stopped by a sudden thought. The egg yolk, though raw, looks strangely appetizing...

[==Leave==]
Pushing the thought aside - you have plenty of food, and besides, who eats raw egg anyway? - you find your way out of the dead end and return to camp.

(You cannot obtain this event again; Ember is lost to you.)

[==Eat==]
Unsure of where the impulse comes from, but uncaring, you crouch over the ruins of your "kill" and begin messily scooping handfuls of yolk into your mouth. The taste is incredible; a tinge of bitterness, but rich and velvety, sliding down your throat like the most savory of delicacies. Before you realise it, you have eaten as much of it as is possible to eat. Feeling full, you leave the dead end and return to your camp.

(Gain +20 Corruption and...? You cannot obtain this event again; Ember is lost to you.)

[=Take=]
You are uncertain of why you feel the urge to take it, but ultimately you do. Perhaps it's curiosity, perhaps it's some kind of compulsion, and perhaps it's a desire to try and nurture this strange lifeforce.

(If player is shorter than 7 feet): Lifting it isn't as much of a problem as you thought; it's surprisingly light. It is, however, very big and very awkward to carry, making it more difficult than usual to return to your camp.

(If player is 7 feet or taller): Between the egg's surprising lightness, and your own size and wide arms, you easily carry the strange egg back to your camp.

(You have now begun the Ember quest. Mysterious Egg is added to the Followers menu at the Camp.)
11-21-2011, 03:44 AM
No, only Marae's lethecite is good for three uses, other chunks will be one use each. Other then that, there are a bunch of things in this encounter that I don't understand why they are in it.

My content discussion and a summary of my writing efforts is in this thread.

Writing and Coding commission status: Temporarily CLOSED
Commission info here.
11-21-2011, 04:35 AM
I wasn't aware of that rule; I simply presumed that if any creature besides Marae would leave a chunk of crystalized soul powerful enough to be used more than once, it would be an elder dragon. I'll fix that.

So, what are the other problems with this scene/encounter, DM?
11-21-2011, 05:26 AM
A dragon would be fine,I guess.
11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Quiet Browser Wrote:I wasn't aware of that rule; I simply presumed that if any creature besides Marae would leave a chunk of crystalized soul powerful enough to be used more than once, it would be an elder dragon. I'll fix that.

So, what are the other problems with this scene/encounter, DM?
Oh, I was under the impression that this piece of Lethicite was a placeholder, it would be removed after there where a few more places where you could find them. Since I was suggesting that you needed to use a piece to wake the egg up, and make it so that it could be hatched.

Commission info here.
11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
No, I figured that if there would be lethicite near the egg at all, then it should be from the egg's now-dead mother; it still kind of acts like a placeholder, yes, but it would make sense for it to stay there even after more shards of lethicite are added to the game.

Speaking of which, while I'm not certain if I should or shouldn't require a shard of lethicite to wake the egg, I was thinking that the "transformation option" you were suggesting in the poll topic might work by reverting Ember back to an egg, thusly letting a player reset everything about him/her/hir. Would that be at all feasible? I figured it'd basically be a loop to an earlier line of code... but I don't really know anything about coding, after all.

Anyway, what are those other problems you had with the scene? I need to fix them before I can move on to the "examine the egg" sequence of scenes.
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Well, I don't understand where the different voices are coming from, and I don't know what would be causing the PC to have all these different inclinations.

Resetting the egg is possible, you need to take all its variables and set them back to when it was an egg, then the game will interpreted it the same as it did before. In this case it won't loop back, since the rest of the program has to be run, and the computer can only run one line of code at a time. Mind you it does so very quickly, but it still has that limitation in a program.

Commission info here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Last Ember of Hope expansion: Emberquest Quiet Browser 38 10,901 07-06-2012 03:39 AM
Last Post: JalopyBrigade
  Dragon Follower Poll - One Shape or Many? (poll closed!) Quiet Browser 28 5,723 11-20-2011 05:50 PM
Last Post: Quiet Browser

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)