Poll: Should Ember have the option to hatch as a monstergirl?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ember; Anthro Dragon, or Monstergirl Dragon?
06-25-2012, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 03:10 PM by Quiet Browser.)
Ember; Anthro Dragon, or Monstergirl Dragon?
You may or may not recall this, but a character I created quite some time ago was a highly moddable character I named "Ember". The basic idea of this character was that the player could find a dragon's egg in a hidden nest in the swamp, and would be able to hatch them as a highly customized dragon.

Right now, the version that Fenoxo has possesses three PC choosable gender options (male, female, herm - don't worry, all are bisexual), three hair setups (bald, hair, mane of hair down back), live birth or egg laying, and optional lactation features.

Future expansions include two other "personas", based on the dragon's corruption, a quest, and, most ambitiously, the idea of being able to use one racial TF item on her to make her a hybrid of, say, dragon and dog, or whatever.

Which brings me to why I'm here. The default Ember is an anthromorph. However, I'm not immune to the charms of monstergirl dragons - and I know Fenoxo likes them, to the point that demonic monstergirl dragons will be an enemy in dungeon 3. So, I was wondering; do people think I should go to the effort of making a 'reskin' of Ember so she becomes less a humanoid dragon and more a human with dragon parts?

If yes, I would appreciate suggestions on how to make it work - currently, there's no humanizing TFs in the game. The vague idea has come to me that a PC could have an option to "feed the egg part of their soul" during the hatching process; they lose 5 points of toughness, but Ember is permanently set to "monstergirl Ember", which gives her a different appearance but otherwise just uses the basic scenes for the appropriate corruption level Ember.

I'd also appreciate notes on where I'll need to tweak things if Ember is monstergirlified - Appearance and Hatching is an obvious one, but I'm sure there's other parts as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13fse...zxCwc/edit">https://docs.google.com/document/d/13fs ... zxCwc/edit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Re: Ember; Anthro Dragon, or Monstergirl Dragon?
Dude, i'd be so into this
I would most definetly support it. It's nice to have some more non furry content (yes i know the ratio you don't need to remind me) if you're willing to go through with this idea you can easily please both the furry and nonfurry fanbase. Though humanization is a big deal in this setting seeing as it's impossible without potent sacrifice. I'd support a even 10-30 point reduction around the board if it gets through; that's some major grinding if you're playing a non-cheatermode game and rams home the impact of your sacrifice.
Maybe more magic seeds and incubi/succubi milk as they humanize the face?
06-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Quiet Browser Wrote:I'd also appreciate notes on where I'll need to tweak things if Ember is monstergirlified - Appearance and Hatching is an obvious one, but I'm sure there's other parts as well.

I was reading through this early this morning, and I can't say there was many references to the likes of her face and such, more along the lines of him/her baring his/her fangs and using his/her long tongue for various reasons, neither of which necessarily need to be changed were s/he to have a human face.

That and there's the offspring that either Ember or the PC can birth, you'll need to tweak their descriptions to make them more human.

And then there's the references to scales in the inter-follower dialogue which might need to be altered since she's not fully covered in scales, but then again, it's pretty vague so might not even need to be changed at all.
06-25-2012, 03:46 PM
@DMA; I know that succubus milk & incubus draft humanize a PC's face, but they're already used to modify Ember's corruption, and I want to keep the possibility of a harpy dragon hybrid open. I really think the PC using either their blood (damage) and/or lifeforce (stat drain) works best.

@Belin; thank you for the comments on the tweaking... hell, some lizard/dragon-based monstergirls have scales all over, even when human faced.
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
I think it would be better if Ember is an Anthrodragon. She would fit better into the game with the other anthros.
If I had to imagine her as a Monstergirl, then all I see is a woman with dragonwings, a few scales and other dragon-like bodyparts. but the middle and the head is alway that of a busty willing woman in need of sex. Not my thing...
06-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Using the PC's blood would work well thematically, what with blood representing/serving as a conduit for the "life force" that gets sacrificed (the stat drops), and the PC taking damage for using their blood. One thing to keep in mind-what happens if the PC tries to perform the ritual when their health and/or stats are too low? Bad End (possibly with their soul combining with that of the unborn dragon, to be found by the next chapmpion), or just failure combined with passing out from blood loss (with no change to the egg)? As for the sta drops, 10-15 for strength is my suggestion (two-three levels' worth of it, or ALOT of time in the desert and mountains), 15 or 20 for intel and toughness (those can be raised easily by the forest), and 10-20 for speed (somewhat easy to raise at the lake and the farm). Taking away libido and sensitivity...wouldn't that be more of an easy break for players, considering it lowers susceptibility to lust-raising enemies (I once did a 10 llibido run of the factory. Easiest thing ever-I never even had to leave to relieve lust, and I fought everyone in there)? But if you do deduct from those stats...those stats raise so easily, I'd take away 30 from both if available.

Another option would be letting the omnibus overseer humanize the egg instead of humanizing a part of you or killing her, I suppose-it's the one way to regain human features (outside of the hummus cheat item) at the moment, but rather limiting, and how do you explain carrying that egg with you up the mountain and into a den of demons?

Edit: Thing is, some of us really do like Monster Girls...and you wouldn't have to make her a monstergirl. This just gives those of us for whom Anthros really aren't our thing something else to enjoy.

Now, I need to get back to these calibrations...
06-25-2012, 04:26 PM
For the love of the Crawling Chaos, I can't vote hard enough. Tired of having to avoid parts of the game because of too much anthro waifu shit, want more monstergirl waifu shit. Actually, the only actual monstergirl waifu is a bloody cow who hasn't been updated in ages.

Don't particularly care how you make it happen as long as you do. Seriously, say twas magic and you ain't gotta explain shit and I'll be fine with it.

Also, thank you for being willing to not ruin another waifu for me. Now to wait for someone to fix Terra so Fen can code her.
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Can't say no to more options, and the best part is that they're...well, optional. Long as it isn't far too much trouble, I'd say go for it.

I don't fucking care about this place anymore
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Actually i adore the idea of the PC offering thier own blood to Ember to humanize her (the heavier the cost the better). Makes the option to drink her blood all the more engrossing for the characters dynamism with the PC. Hell you could even go the extra mile and include bloodplay if it's your thing.
06-25-2012, 04:52 PM
I feel almost like a criminal, but I think I should say "no" to this.
First of all, because Ember will already probably be the most complicated, multitude-options thing in the game.
Second of all, because I'm not really sure humanizing her will work so great... are you 100% sure it won't require too many changes to her current scenes?

Third of all, well, it's *still* making her a hybrid if anthro is her base option. And that could influence her...

But most of all it's the method of transition. It definitely shouldn't include any soulstuff - first of all, getting rid of a piece of your soul is like asking the demons "I wanna be one of you!", and could have quite the terrible consequences for corrupted characters. Second of all, seriously, such a thing shouldn't deem a loss that you can recover by drinking a few Vitality Teas or changing a level...

Btw. How will you be able to affect Ember's hair?

---
I like writing fics when I have the time. "Publishing":

Wicked Deity - a MG oriented fic with added darkness & a tentacular twist.

Freak Love- RL-like story of a herm & her brother.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Monstergirl Text Game Idea: Want Feedback Quiet Browser 348 21,368 01-19-2014 11:23 AM
Last Post: TheDarkMaster
  Dragon egg Cinder 9 2,143 12-16-2012 11:05 AM
Last Post: Kotonaru
  Mamono Ember; human or dragon phallus? Quiet Browser 16 4,707 08-23-2012 11:06 PM
Last Post: PrinceVertigo
  Dragon TF item? Camlio 8 2,557 08-10-2012 02:05 PM
Last Post: Yougei
  Monstergirl compendium Classique75 1 1,051 10-16-2011 11:08 PM
Last Post: Classique75

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)