Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Bimbojo: a bimbo Jojo project + non-corrupt expansion
05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Re: Bimbojo: a bimbo Jojo project
gugagu Wrote:This argument seems pretty stupid to me, can you guarantee that a player knows that or when he'll get a bad ending when he submits to Kelt to often? No you can't, and he'll have to reload then as well, of course you can't always guarantee that and it's totally fine, having to reload from time to time if you want or don't want certain things to happen is part of the game now already and I'm sure pretty much everyone has reloaded because of that already.

In order to get Kelt's ending you have to submit to him repeatedly- i.e. you have to like what he's doing- and whilst the text doesn't outright say you're going to get a bad end if you keep doing it, it does suggest and hint at it very heavily. This is entirely different- an irreversible change to a helpful character from a one-off event you may not want. Also looking at the triggers, 3 of the 4- have Jojo, completed second dungeon, have Liqueur in locker- are very common, so this would be a bit of a timebomb. Sure, people reload all the time- but almost always there's some sort of warning, or you know what you're about to do may be irreversible/difficult to change back, so you know to have saved right beforehand. With this it's a non-sequiteur; you wouldn't know it was going to happen if you stumbled over it. Because you visited Vala in the evening...Jojo turned into a dumb blonde chick? What?

I can think of some ways of getting around this. Perhaps this fairy nectar is bottled monkey business; drinking it is likely to make the unexpected happen, and Vala tells you this, before giving you the choice over whether to take it back or not. Or maybe you notice the liqueur lying there in the daytime, and choose to put it away or not. Finally, if there's an "accidental" way, then there really should be a deliberate way for players with sufficient corruption.

A List of All the Terrible Things I've Done. Commission me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I wholeheartedly approve of this project, since the less-than-greatly-corrupt players probably also should've the option to sexify Jojo a little bit (because chastity is a bad thing!), plus, I have no use for the Bimbo Liquor as it is now...

But I do have the same kind of issues as TheDarkMaster already presented and I think what Nonesuch presents is a good solution.
Basically if you leave the Bimbo Liquor hanging in the open it's OBVIOUS something's going to happen, while hiding it could simply result in a bit of additional dialogue with Jojo.

---
I like writing fics when I have the time. "Publishing":

Wicked Deity - a MG oriented fic with added darkness & a tentacular twist.

Freak Love- RL-like story of a herm & her brother.
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
@gugagu: thanks for defending my point, but the reason I post my stuff is to get criticized; even if I don't initially agree with what's being said, I do take everything that is said to heart.

@TDM: I'll say that drinking large quantities of Nectar will make you drunk, but it really is not alchoolic in low quantities. You can't be 100% innocent and puritan, and still expect to get everything the game has to offer.

Okay, after some careful thinking I've come up with a few new ideas for this project.

First of all, let's deal with controlling the TF and pleasing everyone sufficiently.

New flow:
Vala tells PC about the Fairy's Nectar.
Comments on not being sure how it'll affect them, promises there's nothing weird on it.
PC ingests a bit of nectar with no apparent bad effects, accepts the gift. Must haul it back at night.
On the same night, PC cracks open the box and if you have Bimbo Liquer on you, PC comments on how similar the bottles are to Liquer and it could be bad to get them mixed up.
-Put Away Liquer
--PC puts the Liquer under a bush, not far from the box (will trigger TF)
-Hide Liquer
--PC walks into the camp and puts the bottle somewhere safe, Jojo and the PC will just drink the night away.
--7 days later, Vala will have another batch of Fairy's Nectar.
--Repeat events until Jojo TF.

That should settle all the problems that most people have with the current events.

As for being geared towards Pure PCs, it really is, Corrupt PCs have Corrupt Jojo and Tentacle Jojo. In the future I might allow Corrupt PCs to force Liquer down Corrupt Jojo's throat; that would only result in having Corrupt Jojo with a bimbo body, but for now I'm sticking to the pure path.
05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Still feels to me like the PC is to blame for this under the new set up you've got here. It also doesn't really make sense to me as to why the PC would put the bottle of bimbo liquor where they do, or why they got this stuff from Vala in the first place. It also feels a bit arbitrary that you have to purify Vala in order to get bimbo Jojo...

Another way you could do it is to make it so that Jojo always ends up drinking the liquor if the PC doesn't right after the dungeon is over. You could then streamline recruiting Jojo so that he doesn't require that the PC get a little corrupt first and add in a quest to reverse the effects of the liquor regardless of which of you drank it. Though this doesn't have to be how it is done.

My content discussion and a summary of my writing efforts is in this thread.

Writing and Coding commission status: Temporarily CLOSED
Commission info here.
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
My thoughts on this subject.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  weirdness.jpg (Size: 12.36 KB / Downloads: 476)
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
You can feel responsible for not safeguarding the Liquer, but it was Jojo who took it and downed it carelessly.

Quote:It also doesn't really make sense to me as to why the PC would put the bottle of bimbo liquor where they do.
Because you're too lazy to go put it away somewhere safe. You were given the option to do so, but didn't do it.

Quote:why they got this stuff from Vala in the first place.
It tastes good, how many times are going to see good drinks that don't TF you? Plus it's a "thank you" gift.

Quote:It also feels a bit arbitrary that you have to purify Vala in order to get bimbo Jojo...
It's what a Pure PC would do, fucking Vala while she's still captive increases corruption, Pure PCs wouldn't sit well with that. Chances are that if you're in a Pure playthrough you'll definitely do it anyway.

And if I get around to making a corrupt alternative, Vala won't be needed.
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Maybe you could have the inebriated Jojo actually identify the Bimbo Liqueur and be drunk enough to want to drink it for whatever reason? And thus the PC would get a choice like "Talk him out of it" and "Go with it"?
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the idea, but I've already thought up how to handle it.

Either you play it safe and put the Liquer away somewhere safe or you leave it in a corner hoping you won't mistake it for some nectar.
05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't a PC that doesn't care just put it back in their item pouch?

My content discussion and a summary of my writing efforts is in this thread.

Writing and Coding commission status: Temporarily CLOSED
Commission info here.
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
That works too. Either way, Jojo sees it, swipes it and downs it before the PC can react.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bee Girl expansion - DM project (Complete) TheDarkMaster 116 53,446 08-03-2014 05:59 AM
Last Post: Psyside
  Pure Jojo Expansion (training + talk) Foxxling 65 8,506 02-23-2014 10:24 AM
Last Post: Gedan
  Mojo Jojo: A Pure Path Project W.I.P Aloque 24 6,355 03-11-2013 03:39 PM
Last Post: Aloque
  The Naga Expansion Project User21 19 5,583 01-23-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: User21
  Exgartuan expansion/alternate scenes project Kirbu 3 2,061 08-26-2012 11:04 PM
Last Post: Kirbu

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)